We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Will email be covered by my "unlimited internet"?

MissShal
MissShal Posts: 149 Forumite
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
I'm really sorry if this is an obvious question...

Took delivery of a HTC Wildfire a few days ago. I'm with T Mobile and have "unlimited" internet. I've noticed the option to link my email address to the phone, but I'm not sure whether there are any charges involved, or if it would come under the internet allowance?

Incase it makes a difference I signed up via Mobiles.co.uk and not with T Mobile directly.

Comments

  • lozzaman
    lozzaman Posts: 292 Forumite
    It's included under internet allowance... I have my HTC Desire set up with push email (Microsoft Exchange) so it is always connected. I can see its use on my bill online but it's all at £0.00
  • djm1278
    djm1278 Posts: 21 Forumite
    I have a sony ericsson x10i on T Mobile and e mail is included.
    Dave
    2 free ipod shuffles
    1 free ipod touch
    over £200 Cash
    and collecting for more.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Yes but it wont be unlimited as somewhere in the small print their is a limit .
    But general emails without pictures or videos attached uses very little data anyway .

    jje
  • The problem is in the terminology used by different people and companies. It isn't unlimited internet you have it's unlimiited data and email is include in this. Actually, as JJE points out, you don't have unlimited anything but as you are on T-Mobile and have an Android handset, you do have a 3gb limit (six times what many people get) and even if you exceed that T-Mobile won't charge you extra.

    Hope this helps.
    If I've helped you please show your appreciation by using the "Thanks" button
    > :T
  • MissShal
    MissShal Posts: 149 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the replies all, and thanks for the info on the data limits!
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Dont or do

    you have to ask to be put on the 3GB tariff .

    jje
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.