We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Anyone had dealings with nectar 2 points?
I sent my old mobile to nectar 2 points mobile recycling, which was fully working when I sent it, but no longer needed or wanted, after about a week or so I got an email stating they had received it.
They claim it is not functioning and wanted to give me a lot less points than it is worth as a result. The option was to accept the lesser points or request it back at cost to myself.
I opted for it's return because I simply do not believe them, as I know it was operational. I emailed back the same day requesting it's return.
However 2 weeks have passed and I have not received the phone nor have I heard anymore from them. I have emailed them again today.
Has anyone else had experiences with this company, good or bad?
They claim it is not functioning and wanted to give me a lot less points than it is worth as a result. The option was to accept the lesser points or request it back at cost to myself.
I opted for it's return because I simply do not believe them, as I know it was operational. I emailed back the same day requesting it's return.
However 2 weeks have passed and I have not received the phone nor have I heard anymore from them. I have emailed them again today.
Has anyone else had experiences with this company, good or bad?
0
Comments
-
I'll throw in a response since no-one else has (I use other mobile recyclers that offer to return phones at no cost if they don't match their requirements for full value payments).
T&Cs state the following:
"Mobile phones that do not fulfill these purchasing conditions can be sent back to the owner at the owner’s cost. However, mobiles will only be sent back after such arrangements have been made with the owner. If no such arrangements have been made within 48 hours after the Collector is notified of the revised points value, we may destroy or otherwise dispose of the phone at our option. A charge of £5.50 will be made to return the phone using Special Delivery."
I'm sure you will get a response to your latest email, as zonzoo are reputable as far as I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if they've simply credited your Nectar account with the lower points value as surely they wouldn't have returned the phone without getting the postage costs from you first?0 -
premierfella wrote: »I'll throw in a response since no-one else has (I use other mobile recyclers that offer to return phones at no cost if they don't match their requirements for full value payments).
T&Cs state the following:
"Mobile phones that do not fulfill these purchasing conditions can be sent back to the owner at the owner’s cost. However, mobiles will only be sent back after such arrangements have been made with the owner. If no such arrangements have been made within 48 hours after the Collector is notified of the revised points value, we may destroy or otherwise dispose of the phone at our option. A charge of £5.50 will be made to return the phone using Special Delivery."
I'm sure you will get a response to your latest email, as zonzoo are reputable as far as I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if they've simply credited your Nectar account with the lower points value as surely they wouldn't have returned the phone without getting the postage costs from you first?
Thanks for you reply.
I only used that company because the mobile was an old sony ericsson model which no other companies were interested in.
I would rather have the phone back to use as a backup/spare than let them have it for the insult of 120 points (as opposed to the 400 it should get)
I am annoyed because I did email them (twice infact) back on the same day to say I wanted the phone back, so yesterdays' email was my third to them (which they have yet to respond to)0 -
An update:
Despite sending 5 emails (2 of which were on the same day that they contacted me via email), all my emails have been ignored and I noticed they have credited my nectar balance with the points and kept my phone.
This is clearly how this 'company' operate to con people out of the points to which they are entitled.
I sent my phone fully working (worth 400 points) they email to say it is not working and will only give me 120 points or I can have the phone back. I asked 5 times for the phone back because I KNOW it is a working phone. This is how they get around that, by ignoring emails and just crediting the lower amount of points regardless :mad:0 -
you should get a phone number for them and complain you asked for your phone back and u shold have got it returned as requestedWhat goes around-comes around0
-
https://www.mobile2points.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=50
Tel: +44(0) 845 0020 395
(a dreaded 0845 number - no surprise there!)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards