We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
3G alternative to touch screen phone
I'm not keen on a touch screen phone. Never liked the Samsung E900 I had a few years ago and also sold on my SE Vivaz last year after less than a month.
After a good 3G phone that's the equivalent of the likes of:
Samsung Galaxy S
Iphone 4
HTC Desire HD.
I don't think I will be able to text as quick and as easily as I normally do. Can also sometimes do it without looking at screen, don't think I'll be able to do that on touch screen either.
Would be looking at using interweb so would like a decent size screen. Can't really see myself using QWERTY keyboard.
UNLESS... somebody can convince me that they were also in same position as me but made the leap and has never looked back.
After a good 3G phone that's the equivalent of the likes of:
Samsung Galaxy S
Iphone 4
HTC Desire HD.
I don't think I will be able to text as quick and as easily as I normally do. Can also sometimes do it without looking at screen, don't think I'll be able to do that on touch screen either.
Would be looking at using interweb so would like a decent size screen. Can't really see myself using QWERTY keyboard.
UNLESS... somebody can convince me that they were also in same position as me but made the leap and has never looked back.
0
Comments
-
Lets face it everything is touch these days some have slide out keyboards. I had a nokia n95 8gb and loved it great for almost everything, i changed reluctantly to a sony ericsson x10i in april love it 4inch screen quicker internet etc just recently sold my nokia as i wont be going back.Dave
2 free ipod shuffles
1 free ipod touch
over £200 Cash
and collecting for more.0 -
It's all a matter of opinion but I reckon the best non-touchscreen phone available is probably the Blackberry 9700. Of course, if you're after apps then the availability is limted and they do tend to be expensive for Blackberry. If you're looking for Android then the new Desire Z with its qwerty keyboard is worth a look, although there seems to be limited availability of it at the moment.If I've helped you please show your appreciation by using the "Thanks" button
> :T0 -
Go for a Blackberry Bold 9700
It's better than all that touch screen rubbish and does email sooooo much better."We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"0 -
Not to hijack this thread, but I am looking for a similar thing, but I need a big keyboard as I rarely wear my glassess when walking around and have a problem with small keypads. Any ideas?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards