We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
The "3" Network & Everything, Everywhere
Now I know 3 has a roaming agreement with Orange (previously o2) which allows its customers to use their handsets on the GSM network when they move out of 3G coverage.
However, with Orange's merger with T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere), do 3 customers get any sort of benefit or option to opt in?
Cheers
However, with Orange's merger with T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere), do 3 customers get any sort of benefit or option to opt in?
Cheers
0
Comments
-
Yes, they will be able to use T-Mobile's 3G services as far as I'm aware, but this will be one of the last things to get transferred - middle of next year at the very least.Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j0
-
I'm thinking more about the short term and in particular the 2G networks whenever i'm outside of 3's 3G Coverage.
From the 5th will I able to roam onto T-mobile & Orange or just Orange still?
Thanks0 -
No, as I understand it, you will never be able to use T-Mobile's network as such, it's only the 3G services which you can use. I think the agreement between 3 and Orange only related to 3G as well, but you seem to suggest you can use Orange for voice calls as well??? I didn't know that was possible...
EDIT: Sorry I misunderstood, If 3 reception isn't available, then you can roam onto Orange so as not to lose coverage. I still don't think this applies to any deal with T-Mobile though - not from what I've read anyway.Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j0 -
3 and T-Mobile have a network share agreement whereby they share a 3G network. This has been in place for quite a while and the merger of the and T-Mobile 3G network is pretty much complete now. The 3G network of course supports voice calls. If 3 have a roaming agreement with Orange then this will remain unchanged as far as i am aware.Aug 24 - Mortgage Balance £242,040.19
Credit Card - £8,141.63 + £4,209.83
Goals: Mortgage Free by 2035, Give up full time work once Mortgage Free, Ensure I have a pension income of £20k per year from 20350 -
That's quite right. 3 and T- Mobile jointly own a company that manages their joint 3G network. Orange have now also signed an agreement with 3.0
-
3 & T-Mob had a 50-50 share of thier MBNL company, MBNL is now 50-50 Everything Everywhere (T-Mob & Orange joint venture) & 3.
3 customers got access to internet on Orange 2G roaming before T & O customers roamed on each others networks, 3 will get 2G & 3G on both networks at the end of the rollout as it has O 2G and T 3G agreements with Everywhere Everything, and Orange & T-Mobile will have access to each others networks.
Saying that I was in London the other day walking around outside Paddington Station & 3 nor Orange handsets could pick up a 2G Orange or T-Mobile signal !
Thankfully my 3 Sim Zero contract had almost full 3G signal !SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe
0 -
The 2G roaming on 3 / Orange is pretty rubbish to be honest, my BB 9700 just gives up really when there's no 3G or it's very rubbish with just a few bars on Orange...
Once while in the wilds of Norfolk, they cut me off for using the 2G signal too long :rotfl:"We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"0 -
I've been with 3 for years and always had locked handsets provided by 3. But recently got a SIM free Dell Streak, put my 3 SIM into it and it works well. I didn't have to make any config changes. However, it now shows me what network I'm connected too, whereas all my other handsets always said "3". Now I can see that I'm on Orange more times than 3 for voice calls. Not sure about 3G - it just works pretty much everywhere.0
-
I generally find that I have a better signal than others in most places when I enquire. In the early days this wasn't the case, but more times than not, I have the better signal than 02, T-mobile and Voda in most places I go. Much of the time they are rural, but all over the UK (when I'm visiting my customers).
The only downside of 3 is that calls will drop and there is a period of about 10-30 seconds while there is no signal at all when it toggles between 3 and Orange. If you can live with that, then I can't fault the service. Also where I live (very rural on the Berkshire downs), I get full signal in the house on 3 and full 3G signal, whereas all other networks get almost nothing.0 -
surely not all other networks get nothing at your house, T-Mobile will have exactly the same signal and soon so will orange! :-)Aug 24 - Mortgage Balance £242,040.19
Credit Card - £8,141.63 + £4,209.83
Goals: Mortgage Free by 2035, Give up full time work once Mortgage Free, Ensure I have a pension income of £20k per year from 20350
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards