We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Android Market Warnining: 235% increase thanks to Currency Conversion
A warning to anybody who is buying applications through the android market. Banks may charge for currency conversion.
I've just noticed this on my Halifax statement and I've found the following thread on the support forums.
I've paid £3 for apps I thought were costing me 70p.
Google "currency charge andorid market" for more details.
I've just noticed this on my Halifax statement and I've found the following thread on the support forums.
I've paid £3 for apps I thought were costing me 70p.
Google "currency charge andorid market" for more details.
0
Comments
-
Egg Mastercard has been OK. 65p for a 99c app. However, buying a number of 99c apps in relatively quick succession does set off their anti-fraud automated line.0
-
HSBC dont charge currency conversion fees

People get the same kind of problems using paypal.0 -
I had a £1 charge for an "overseas purchase" with Lloyds TSB. Now I don't buy from the USA as they apparently don't charge in the Eurozone. All on the Android market of course.:cool:0
-
Nearly all my apps are free but one or two i have paid for but always via the developers web site and paypal.
jje0 -
You need to change you credit card or bank account. Many just charge a percentage on currency conversions rather than a fixed fee.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards