We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Iphone 4 - Vodafone v Three

Looking to upgrade to iPhone 4

I'm currently with Vodafone but Three seems to be a fair bit cheaper

Can you haggle with Vodafone as Id rather stay with them for less hassle

Who gives the best coverage for calls and web browsing

Comments

  • Nonshy
    Nonshy Posts: 295 Forumite
    can't do much haggling... apple set prices pretty much!

    three's phone reception does not have the best reputation... check this for your area:http://www.directmobilephones.com/coverage.htm
  • Snakeeyes21
    Snakeeyes21 Posts: 2,527 Forumite
    Nonshy wrote: »
    can't do much haggling... apple set prices pretty much!

    three's phone reception does not have the best reputation... check this for your area:http://www.directmobilephones.com/coverage.htm

    Given that they have the best 3g coverage backed up with orange who has the best 2g coverage then claims of reception problems are years out of date and all stem from their first few years in business :)

    Good to see forum members keeping up with the times :p

    Really if you cant get a signal on 3 or orange then you may aswell give up and go back to using pigeons to deliver your messages.
  • Mk14:37
    Mk14:37 Posts: 624 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I wish that were true, Snakeeyes. I'm with three and quite often have reception issues - in CENTRAL LONDON !!!!!!!
  • nonnatus
    nonnatus Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    and I have an iphone 3gs with orange and can get no reception at all unless i stand at the end of the road wheras my children are on vodafone and o2 and get a great signal...
  • Mk14:37 wrote: »
    I wish that were true, Snakeeyes. I'm with three and quite often have reception issues - in CENTRAL LONDON !!!!!!!

    I must admit that the one place outdoors that I've had signal issues with Three was when I was on Embankment a few weeks ago. It wasn't just a case of not getting a signal, the network actually said my sim was invalid!
    If I've helped you please show your appreciation by using the "Thanks" button
    > :T
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.