We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
New UK resident - Can't get a contract phone
ultramegabones
Posts: 4 Newbie
in Mobiles
Hi guys,
I've just moved a few miles up the road from Dublin to Belfast. I'm here for minimum 3yrs so I had planned on setting up a pay monthly contract and getting a new fancy Samsung Galaxy S for free. Sadly, I learned that all networks insist you must have lived in the UK for 3 years so they can preform a credit check. As a result I simply cannot get a contract phone!
I've got a SIM only deal with Orange for the time being but is there any way I can convince them over time to give me a pay monthly contract?
Cheers,
Steve.
I've just moved a few miles up the road from Dublin to Belfast. I'm here for minimum 3yrs so I had planned on setting up a pay monthly contract and getting a new fancy Samsung Galaxy S for free. Sadly, I learned that all networks insist you must have lived in the UK for 3 years so they can preform a credit check. As a result I simply cannot get a contract phone!
I've got a SIM only deal with Orange for the time being but is there any way I can convince them over time to give me a pay monthly contract?
Cheers,
Steve.
0
Comments
-
Hiya Steve
After 90 days of being on sim only, Orange will let you upgrade from sim only to a regular contract. Hope this helps and good luck in Belfast, at least your weekly shop will come down in price
0 -
Thanks thats great news. I think I'll just about manage with my battered old Nokia until then!0
-
3 are more lenient, try them.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards