We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

mileage for a used car

13»

Comments

  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    I wonder what the average mileage is in a scrapyard these days? :)
  • I had a Nova 1.2 petrol that did over 220k before I gave it my brother who was a mechanic. I think he ran it for another year after that!

    Coversley I had a Rover 214SLi that I traded in (I think it probably got scrapped, head gasket had gone) with only about 110k on the clock.

    I also got rid of my old Corsa 1.0i petrol as the cam belt snapped with only 36k on it, not very good!

    I now run a 2.0 TDCi Mondeo (diesel) that has done 36k (04 plate) since I got it a year ago, now has 130k on the clock and passed its MOT last week with just a bulb that needed replacing. I'm happy so far.............
    :A
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.