We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Bought a Duff Primera T Spec, Advice Pls?
Comments
-
The Aclaim in fairness to it, wasn't a bad car, but it was just essentially badge engineered not a lot of BL in it really, thankfully. Shame it got tarnished with the same brush though.I must admit it does seem strange that Nissan borrowed the mechanical parts from Renault then did the exterior design themselves, surely they would have been better letting Renault do the design and use Nissan mechanics.
Remember the collaboration that produced a Datsun Cherry with an Alfa engine, not forgetting the Triumph Acclaim...................
Oh, the Alfa-Sud, Nissan body and chassis with an Alfa engine and electrics....... What were they drinking? Too much Saki or too much espresso?
Regards,
Andy0 -
-
That seems a very steep price. I paid £1700 for my 52-plate P12 Primera SVE (1 level below T-Spec i believe) over a year ago. It was an awful car. I felt sure that some sort of catastrophic failure was imminent and got shot of it after 2 months. I PX'd for nearly as much as i paid though so can't complain that much i guess. Get your money back ASAP and look for something else. Those cars are dreadful, or least mine was.0
-
Not sure of where the engine came from, the diesel was a Renault as far as I know, and it seemed to have similar problems to Renault diesels of the time. I actually liked the look of that shape primera but it didn't have the driving dynamics of the older ones and didn't have the clockwork reliability of the old ones either.0
-
benham3160 wrote: »Oh, the Alfa-Sud, Nissan body and chassis with an Alfa engine and electrics....... What were they drinking? Too much Saki or too much espresso?
Regards,
Andy
It was a good good car, just not enough, not a penorth, not even a threat of corrosion proofing:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.
Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)
Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed0 -
Sadly the new shape Primera was a bit of a pig as far as reliability goes, I looked at one, a T Spec saloon 6 months after the new shape came out, it was on an 02 plate.
I liked the way it drove but noticed that on a car with 5k on the clock the interior door handle was showing signs of excessive wear, so I decided not to bother.
They are sadly not as reliable as the older ones, they look good but are not as good as the old ones.
The old ones, though boring to look at where nigh on unbreakable.
Apart from rear brake caliper seizure,clutch cable and top link suspension bush faliure.....
My P11 2.0 SRi has all these .......˙ʇuıɹdllɐɯs ǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ sʎɐʍlɐ
ʇsǝnbǝɹ uodn ǝlqɐlıɐʌɐ ƃuıʞlɐʇs
sǝɯıʇǝɯos pǝɹoq ʎllɐǝɹ ʇǝƃ uɐɔ ı0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards