We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Mobile Phone Insurance
Hi All,
Had a look around for this subject but most seem out of date.
I was wondering who is the most comprehensive good service insurance company I can insure my phone with.
I have a HTC Desire and my Fiance has an Iphone 3GS, I want both insured but their seems to be alot of small online companies offering this and I would rather go to somewhere recommended.
Thanks for any help.
Had a look around for this subject but most seem out of date.
I was wondering who is the most comprehensive good service insurance company I can insure my phone with.
I have a HTC Desire and my Fiance has an Iphone 3GS, I want both insured but their seems to be alot of small online companies offering this and I would rather go to somewhere recommended.
Thanks for any help.
0
Comments
-
Look at getting it added to your home contents insurance.. its meant to be cheaper that way0
-
Don't forget to check whether the insurance will cover you for 'Unauthorised use' - it's all very well getting a new phone but if someone's made £1000 of international phone calls before you realised you'd lost the phone / had it stolen, you're not covered for them and will have to pay for them unless you have 'Unauthorised Use' cover!
I believe some policies available from well known high street retailers include such cover, but they're not cheap, from what I recall...
I looked around for insurance when I took out my contract earlier this year, and I struggled to find any company online that would cover 'Unauthorised Use', and I also didn't trust some of the smaller companies with a small, 'cobbled together' website...
Check also whether there is a limit to the cost of the replacement phone. One company I checked with had a £400 or £450 limit on replacement phone costs, which is no good if you have an iphone that costs £600+ to buy unlocked and off-contract.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards