We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Vodafone issues

Hey everyone this is my first time using something like this so please be kind haha.

Anyway... A couple of weeks ago I got myself vodafone contract with the htc wildfire (both were a big mistake.) I normally wouldnt have gone with vodafone as I thought the signal around my area wasnt that great. But the Sales person insisted that I would get a signal and even showed me on the map online... So I thought thats great... I got home had a fiddle around was working okish didnt get signal in my street or anywhere in my town pretty much... then when I even do get signal I cant sned texts or make phonecalls... I called vodafone apparently fones4u hadnt put the contract through properly. So basically I really really want out of my contract as its just no use to me... can anyone think of any ways to get me out of the contract?

Thanks guys

Comments

  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ally_kun wrote: »
    I called vodafone apparently fones4u hadnt put the contract through properly.

    What do they mean by 'hadn't put the contract through properly'?
    So basically I really really want out of my contract as its just no use to me... can anyone think of any ways to get me out of the contract?

    Unlikely, as there's no cooling off period in store. Vodafone do have the Sure Signal which can provide a signal indoors where you otherwise would be out of coverage. If you were misled over signal in your area, you may be able to get this discounted/free.
  • punksluck
    punksluck Posts: 96 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    it sounds to me like you were misled by the sales person. My friend works at the Belfast call centre and told me that most conversations are recorded so you could try and find out if the initial sales call recording is still alive. Ask to speak to a supervisor and tell them that you have also been in touch with a consumer action group who are advising you, it's worked for me before.
  • punksluck wrote: »
    it sounds to me like you were misled by the sales person. My friend works at the Belfast call centre and told me that most conversations are recorded so you could try and find out if the initial sales call recording is still alive. Ask to speak to a supervisor and tell them that you have also been in touch with a consumer action group who are advising you, it's worked for me before.

    The phone was bought in-store not online.

    I'm amazed anyone is able to buy a phone in Phones4U. My wife and I were in there a few months back and stood for a good ten minutes while the three (at least) assistants stood in the backroom of the store with the door open and had a nice chat.
    If I've helped you please show your appreciation by using the "Thanks" button
    > :T
  • I've used similar tactics when complaining to vodafone about the service. As soon as I mention the consumer action website they melt on the phone and start offering compensation for my troubles!
    It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi ally_kun

    It's a shame to see you've had such a challenging start to your contract with us.

    Although you took this deal through Phones 4 U I'd like to do whatever I can here to help.

    If you'd like me to take a look at your account and help send me an email from here with WRT135 in the subject (so it comes straight to my team). Make sure when you send it that you include a link to this thread and your username.

    Speak to you soon

    Kirsty
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.