We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

T-Mobile: So Frustrated I Could Flip

I have been a customer of T-Mobile for many years and for the last year or so I have been on Pay As You Go. As part of my package, I used to get free internet and texts when I topped up £10 a month.

Two weeks ago I decided to move to a contract phone with T-Mobile. After ordering the phone I was asked if I could take delivery of it on Thursday, I said yes. My father waited in for it, it didn't arrive. I rang T-Mobile and they told me that they hadn't even sent it yet. The new delivery day was Tuesday, father waited in again, didn't arrive. Rang T-Mobile, hadn't even been sent yet.

I was so mad I told them not to bother and to just leave me on pay as you go. The next day I had a text message saying:

"Because you topped up in September, you will receive free internet and texts in October"

Excellent. So today I tried sending a text message and it failed.

Rang T-Mobile and I was told that because I requested a contract phone, they moved me from pay as you go to a contract status and subsequently, I lost my free texts and internet offer. I explained that I hadn't even received the phone so why was I moved and also that I had a text message saying I would get free internet and texts and they just said "that offer doesn't exisit anymore Sir"

But, But......Ah I'm so mad!

They didn't deliver my new phone, they moved me to contract subsequently losing my free texts and internet offer on pay as you go and now they wont give it back to me because the offer doesn't exisit anymore!

If I hadn't of moved, the offer remains for life, but as they moved me, incorrectly, I'm now out of pocket!

I've tried all the T-Mobile numbers I can find and even sent emails and I just keep getting the same reply, "tough"

What can I do!!!

Comments

  • pault123
    pault123 Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    moral of the story - unless youve got a tracking number for delivery, don't wait in for it !!! :money:
  • pault123 wrote: »
    moral of the story - unless youve got a tracking number for delivery, don't wait in for it !!! :money:

    Yeah, that works - not. I sat in all day on a Saturday a couple of weeks back expecting a parcel. Checked the tracking and it said it was with the courier as of 8:35 that morning. No parcel arrived. I checked the tracking again on the Saturday night and an entry that hadn't been there previously read "11:40 - Carried forward". I got home on the Monday afternoon to find the parcel had been dumped by the back door.

    Moral of ths story: Tracking records can be falsified.
    If I've helped you please show your appreciation by using the "Thanks" button
    > :T
  • pault123
    pault123 Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    without a tracking number at all though youre setting yourself up for a double fail ;)
  • rwalton159
    rwalton159 Posts: 467 Forumite
    Go to giffgaff and for £10 a month you can get free net / free texts / free calls to other giffgaff users / free 0800 calls / 150mins of calls

    When I left t-mobile it took longer to get my pac code than it did to get the giffgaff sim :)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.