green no entry signs on Freeview

Sorry not technical so be gentle

Hubby always records his programmes From Freeview
However, when he brought up the list of programmes he had taped they each had a green no entry type sign next to them and he was unable to press ok on the remote control to allow him to view

Does anyone know how he can remove this sign and why it may have come up. It is the first time this has happened.

Thanks

Comments

• scotsbob
    scotsbob Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    Different brands of recorder use different symbols. If you could post the make and model of recorder you may get some help. Alternatively does the manual have a list of symbols you could refer to?
  • ceh209
    ceh209 Posts: 876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Is it a Humax? Mine does that and it usually means it couldn't record the whole program e.g. because there was a power cut in the middle. But to have it happen to every program is a bit weird :s
    Excuse any mis-spelt replies, there's probably a cat sat on the keyboard
  • Thanks for replies, yes it is a humax duovision and no we have not been able to find instructions books.

Ill try googling again.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    I too have a humax and the green symbol means for some reason the programme wasn't fully recorded if at all.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Have you checked the HDD Control to see if its full? If it is the programmes will still show as recorded but with the green icon and you will need to go through and delete some watched programmes. Have a look at the support page on Humax.

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/support.asp
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport