🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

pc world/hfc/7 years in, nightmare!

Options
Ladies & Gents,

1st post and have been a bit of a t***, please be gentle.

You're not going to believe this level of stupidity, purchased a laptop from the aforementioned on the knock, £53 per month for 2 years. No probs.

Got a call from HFC (then known as household bank) "We are acting on behalf if pcw, did I want to make it less expensive?" Of course I did, duly trotted down to my local branch, told the guy I didn't want his ppi as already covered with my own policy and couldn't afford to pay more than £53 per month. "Of course Sir, you don't have to change anything, just sign here..."

I can see some of you shaking your heads and tutting, but I really thought he was doing me a favor, nice chap!

The laptop cost about 1500 quid in 2003. Long story short, I got made redundant this year and now have the time and wherewithal to look at all those silly little 50 quid direct debits that have been exiting my acc over the years without question. I can see you all tutting again, but I was busy, really busy and earning enough to not be 'bovved'!

Turns out, I STILL owe 1700, some 7 years later! So I made a claim on the ppi I didn't want, "No probs" they said, I thought at the time I could probably claim for the missold ppi, and be considerably better off as well as ridding myself of the loan, but to be honest, and seeing as I had been made redundant, I thought I might as well claim on the ins, wipe out the 1700 and cut my losses, seeing as the laptop I'm apparently still paying for is long gone, in fact I've had 2 more since then! (paid c.o.d. by the way)

But to my surprise, not only did I have to jump through a million hoops to get the ins co to pay, but when they did, it only covered the min payment.

I have now signed off and become freelance, with all its associated cashflow nightmares and as I'm effectively back in the workforce, HFC are all over me like a rash!!

Can any of you offer any advice?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills