divert calls charge?

Options
When you have a line fault and want to divert calls to your mobile. Do they charge you for doing that? or do bt only charge people who make the call? abat say they will have my phone fixed by 30th sept. at midnight.
Things will get better day by day.

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,257 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    When my BT line went down a couple of years ago it was diverted without charge to me or callers

May have changed since of course, but diversion was offered to me by BT without me asking
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • wannaberich41
    Options
    They have not offered me this. So was looking to do it off my own back but dont want to get charged.
    Things will get better day by day.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    When you have a line fault and want to divert calls to your mobile. Do they charge you for doing that? or do bt only charge people who make the call? abat say they will have my phone fixed by 30th sept. at midnight.
    It's a free service:
    Can you divert my calls to another line while I'm waiting for the fault to be repaired? To keep you connected, we can divert your calls to another landline or mobile, free of charge. This can easily be done online or by calling:
    Residential customers call:
    For free on a BT line 151 For free on a non-BT line 0800 800 151 From a mobile 0800 800 151 (there may be a charge)
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure