Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Speed camera - calculating speed travelled?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
3 replies 577 views
wobblegobblewobblegobble Forumite
148 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
Does anyone know how to calculate the speed you are travelling from the speed camera photo that the police send to you on request? I think it is a either a mobile camera or a average distance camera that has been used. On the photo the speed is blacked out but it shows the distance travelled in metres? The police have not issued me with a fixed penalty notice but have referred it to court for a possible summons so I am assuming I was well over the limit. Very bad and totally irresponsible I know but I am (rightly) worried and was hoping someone could tell me if i can work out the speed I was travelling.

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I don't know the answer but have you already admitted it was you driving? Have you returned their info form yet?

I have read info that suggests if there are more possible drivers in your family who 'may' have been at the wheel that day, you can reply saying you do not know which of you was driving. Then they cannot summons you and sometimes give up.

Not pc I know, but that's what I might do....
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • wobblegobblewobblegobble Forumite
    148 Posts
    Coupon-mad I have already replied and admitted it was me. So I dont think that route will work.
  • skintscotsmanskintscotsman Forumite
    671 Posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭
    try the forums on pepipoo.com, they're a great help
    A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
This discussion has been closed.