Talk Talk will let you break 18 month contract.

in Phones & TV
5 replies 5.7K views
Angry TalkTalk customers are now able to leave their 18-month contracts freely.

The Register has learned complainants citing broken promises, service interruptions, and delayed local loop unbundling are being allowed to leave TalkTalk if they ask.

A spokesman for Carphone Warehouse-owned TalkTalk told us the firm would look on requests to escape binding 18-month arrangements "favourably" if it had failed to keep its service commitments in their case.

Another well-placed source told us it was unofficial policy to let anyone go who was unhappy at the level of service TalkTalk had provided.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/29/talktalk_lets_customers_leave/

Replies

• That's really helpful - thanks very much. I've lost count of the number of hours of my life I've spent on the phone to TalkTalk complaining about a zillion aspects of their service. I'd rather pay more and go back to BT.
  • KathrynPenguinKathrynPenguin Forumite
    614 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Im a happy customer and so is my Mum BUT we are buying a house together so we only need 1 contract and need to break the other. When I spoke to them initially they said no and when I said that wasn't really in the interest of good customer relations as we did wish to remain happy customers they put me through to someone else and they have agreedto waive the cancellation charge.
    The best things in life are NOT free - but they sure are cheaper with MSE!:j
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bumping thread :)
  • Angry TalkTalk customers are now able to leave their 18-month contracts freely.

The Register has learned complainants citing broken promises, service interruptions, and delayed local loop unbundling are being allowed to leave TalkTalk if they ask.

A spokesman for Carphone Warehouse-owned TalkTalk told us the firm would look on requests to escape binding 18-month arrangements "favourably" if it had failed to keep its service commitments in their case.

Another well-placed source told us it was unofficial policy to let anyone go who was unhappy at the level of service TalkTalk had provided.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/29/talktalk_lets_customers_leave/

Hi MOBILEGOSSIP - The above may be fine but in fact I have asked on 3 occassions to be released from my contract. They don't even reply to the letters. 3 Letters 4 Text 17 phone calls - No replies. Letters were to Warrington cc Portal Place & Dunstone - MOUSETRAP
  • hurrahhurrah Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    MOUSETRAP wrote:
    Hi MOBILEGOSSIP - The above may be fine but in fact I have asked on 3 occassions to be released from my contract. They don't even reply to the letters. 3 Letters 4 Text 17 phone calls - No replies. Letters were to Warrington cc Portal Place & Dunstone - MOUSETRAP

1. An e-mail to their CEO often works a treat :

[email protected]

2. Or if all else fails take them to small claims court.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=287914
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides