panic time

Options

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    he will eventually run out of things to sell on ebay. I know, Im at that point now.
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • duncans-mum_2
    Options
    I totally understand. Chances are, even if he sold the car, he wouldn't get back all the money he spent on modding it which is gutting, so I guess if he has the funds to pay what he owes, then it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe just kerb the spending on any "extras" until he gets sorted and his debts paid off and enjoy it how it is now.
  • duncans-mum_2
    Options
    lynzpower wrote:
    he will eventually run out of things to sell on ebay. I know, Im at that point now.

T o be honest I have struggled finding anything in the first place.:mad:
  • sultry33
    Options
    he is at 1st stage with payplan, they not had creditors meeting yet.

ebay tip, my mum buys antiques ornaments from charity shops for like 25p + and sells them.. i think she does ok out of it
  • Mirtos
    Mirtos Posts: 728 Forumite
    Options
    You say it's his dream, but what exactly? To own the car? to drive it? what? If it only comes out occasionally, it seems like a pretty big waste of money at the moment. Right now, because of his debt, he doesn't 'own' the car - so it isn't HIS dream - someone else owns it. Once he's debt free, he'll be better able to buy another - and that one will be 100% his.
    Official Debt Free Wannabe Nerd Club member 095! Debt Now:
    M&S £5000 £2071.49 - 3.9% |Cahoot Loan £8646.96 £7453.24 - 5.8%| Barclays OD £2250.00 £991.99 - 0% Halifax Card £1620.60 - 0% Savings: £927.59
    Grand Total = £22,540 £11,209.73 :eek:Total paid off since 31st May '06 = £11,330.27 :T Semi-DFD Dec'07?
    Savings for temporary unemployment fund: £763.05 @ 8%, £164.54@ 4% Total savings: £927.59

£18k Challenge £18,934.21 £11,209.73 to go!
    Proud to be dealing with my debt.
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can you go with your Mum and buy things to sell to provide some money to support you bf in repayments???
  • His problem is that he can't afford his dream. Whether he wants it or not he couldn't really afford it in the first place. It sounds as though neither of you want to hear this, so are ignoring the fact.

You should watch the Sat night live clip with Steve Martin - "Do not buy things that you cannot afford"
  • sultry33
    Options
    Mirtos wrote:
    You say it's his dream, but what exactly? To own the car? to drive it? what? If it only comes out occasionally, it seems like a pretty big waste of money at the moment. Right now, because of his debt, he doesn't 'own' the car - so it isn't HIS dream - someone else owns it. Once he's debt free, he'll be better able to buy another - and that one will be 100% his.

mm yea i see what you are saying but its done now, we had chat about the car a good 6 months back, and it was wait and save for modifications or go for it and then get consilidation loan, so guilty of living for the here an now.
    unfortunantly he did not get loan.. or fortunantly as to be honest it would have been worse debt. i dont think he knew just how much debt he was in.. lesson learnt.

his dream was to own a skyline since he was 19,
  • mrslawrence2003
    Options
    lynzpower wrote:

on a slight tangent - are you going to start looking for cheap stuff fm charity shops like books etc to whack on ebay? thinking about trying that this weekend....
    carve your name in red. the silver slipping and slicing. rose petals blossom and fall. soul steals away.

• The best place to pick up cheap stuff to sell on eBay (especially antiques), is from - eBay!

Look for bad sellers descriptions. I just bought an antique jug for £15 & sold it straight back on eBay for £270.99p.

By the way, out of interest how much does a skyline cost to buy & then cost to modify?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure