PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Star Drops Where to buy them?

Options
Hi there
I have heard from others that Star Drops are very good for cleaning, and I need all the help I can get in that department:D But I can't find them in my local Tesco, so wondered who sold them?

Also what is the best way of getting rid of persistend limescale down a toilet. I have tried all sorts of things, but other than brute force (takes AGES), have had no luck and it looks yuk!

thanks in advance
chev
I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?

Comments

• Miss_Cinnabon
    Options
    Hi you can buy it in asda, tesco dont stock them as you have found out.

Kyle
  • Penny_Watcher
    Options
    Morrisons too if you live further north.

This is what you're looking for

S6000825.jpg

Crikey - that's a bit huge. Will sort it out later when I find out how.

HTH

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please :heart:GIVE BLOOD :heart: - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 67 pints so far.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    chevalier wrote:
    Also what is the best way of getting rid of persistend limescale down a toilet. I have tried all sorts of things, but other than brute force (takes AGES), have had no luck and it looks yuk!

Vinegar.

Left in overnight if you can.

Works every time - honest. :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sainsburys do along with the other cleaners
  • Grumpysally
    Options
    Local corner shops / independent supermarkets often stock it, might be a few pence more but cheaper than a special trip to the supermarket.
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks for all the replies. Is it any old vinegar that works? I have an Asda near me and I have to go that way next week to find a place for my exam. So will combine the two
    thanks again
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any old vinegar will work, though most people suggest using white (clear) vinegar because the smell is not so strong, and there's no risk of staining if you use it for other jobs such as a replacement for fabric conditioner.

Look up "vinegar" in the Cleaning section of the MEGA Index sticky.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sorry-didnt mean to hi jack this thread-but i cant cancel the heading now!CAn you put it in a carpet cleaner?What concentration?
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I get mine in Sainsburys
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • Penny_Watcher
    Options
    hollydays wrote:
    sorry-didnt mean to hi jack this thread-but i cant cancel the heading now!CAn you put it in a carpet cleaner?What concentration?

Hi hollydays

There is a whole thread with info about what you can use stardrops for (hmmm... bad grammar :o )

Stardrops - I have seen the light!

I'm sure I read that someone had used it in their carpet cleaner. Can't remember offhand what they said though. I don't have a carpet cleaner 'cos I don't have any carpets :D

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please :heart:GIVE BLOOD :heart: - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 67 pints so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure