PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

help color run catastrophe

Options
i have stupidly just washed my daughters indian fancy dress stuff with her school and rainbows uniform (all v. expensive to replace) and everything now has orange streaks in it - how on earth do i put it right i thought about the color run stuff but cant get any till later and is that too strong as it is all dark colors, also do i let the stuff dry in the meantime or put it in soak? Should i just was it again and hope for the best? the original wash wash on low temp so hopefully the color hasn't fixed - but what do i do now help please we have rainbows parade on sunday she has only had the uniform a week
i'm living in a parallel universe

Comments

• newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I used the colour run sheets (after a suggestion on here). It was white bedding with a dark charcoal ribbon trim that had run over the rest of it. They had already dried by the time I tried it so I re-washed them thinking - nothing to lose. It didn't take ALL of the colour out but probably about 90% of it came right out and the rest faded right down, so I would recommend trying it.

Hope that helps :)

Edit: and our colour run was on a 40 degree wash so it was probably set in there and maybe that's why it didn't all come out?
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello littlemissfrugal

I'll move your thread across to the 'Old Style' board, where it should get more views and responses.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    also do i let the stuff dry in the meantime or put it in soak?
    The usual advice is leave it to soak in cold water until you can get some of the colour run stuff.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • wishingonastar_3
    Options
    leave it too soak, in COLD water, and when you can get the colour run stuff, its great and well worth the money for it (far cheaper than replaceing uniform!!) I did this with a new top the other week, in with all the white undies, brought them up really well.
    £2 saver club 30th sept 198 £2 coins = £396(£350 banked)
  • littlemissfrugal
    Options
    it hasn't worked - i got the color run stuff even rang Adoco and took their advice have left it in soak all afternoon and its still nearly as bad i am going to have another go but failing that i don't know - someone suggested that Ace gentle bleach stuff but i've never used it before but if it doesn't come out i have to buy new uniform anyway - any other tips anyone?
    i'm living in a parallel universe
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family