PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Lucy Mangan (Guardian) is OS!!!!!!

Options
Bet she lurks (or even posts!) on here........

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1883716,00.html

:T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T
:dance:There's a real buzz about the neighbourhood :dance:

Comments

• Strepsy
    Strepsy Posts: 5,651 Forumite
    Options
    Haha, great article. It's made me want to buy a breadmaker but I think I'll just keep hoping one pops up on Freecycle.
    I've been lucky, I'll be lucky again. ~ Bette Davis
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :D :T :T :T I like that.
  • TNG
    TNG Posts: 6,930 Forumite
    Options
    Strepsy wrote:
    Haha, great article. It's made me want to buy a breadmaker but I think I'll just keep hoping one pops up on Freecycle.

Race you for it if it does!!!!
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Erm we use our George Formby (;)) and our sandwich toaster! The toaster makes kids excited about cheese sandwiches!!! :D

Slow cooker might be next on my list to get.

Unused items .... OH's cappaccino/espresso maker. Can't get him to part with it or put it in a cupboard even though I've only seen him use it twice - in 2 years!!!:confused:
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • foreverskint
    Options
    I just had a good giggle at that. A good article and funnily written.

Although i never did get on with my sandwich toaster. I have those toasta bags from JML. Wonderful invention:j :j

Does anyone use a george forman grill without an extractor fan in the kitchen?

It's the only reason I haven't yet bought one. I can see all the smoke detectors going off at once:eek:

Oh well off to tend to the slow cooker and breadmaker:rotfl:
  • mookybargirl
    Options
    Brilliant!!

I use my george foreman to make toasties. They are preferred by me and my OH with granary bread and come out brilliantly and my mum uses her foreman to make toasties too. You don't even need to add any spread on the outside so they're very healthy!

So before you rush out to but a breville or equivalent, try out your foreman, you might even prefer them this way :D
    Love MSE, Las Vegas and chocolate!
  • TNG
    TNG Posts: 6,930 Forumite
    Options
    newlywed wrote:
    Slow cooker might be next on my list to get.

Do it!!! I did and can thoroughly recommend it (MR 6.5L currently 20 quid in Robert Dyas;))
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Very well written article and made me chuckle! At least I can read that now and not have to feel guilty! I am now (thanks to this board) a regular user of a breadmaker and a slow cooker, don't have a george grill though and one of the kids took the sandwich maker to uni!
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TNG wrote:
    Do it!!! I did and can thoroughly recommend it (MR 6.5L currently 20 quid in Robert Dyas;))

I just have thing about leaving anything on all day while I'm at work. Wouldn't leave the cooker on or the iron, so how safe is a slow cooker??? What if it all burns in the bottom of the cooker and you've got nothing much else for tea??? :confused:
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree with mookybargirl, the grill makes great toasties :D

I don't see the point of having a sandwich toaster if you have a grill :confused:
    Bulletproof
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family