who is best company to use to reclaim ppi

Options
Hi
I have thought about doing this for a while, but due to commitments i do not have time or patience to try claiming myself.

Can anybody recomend the best company to use who can reclaim, I think I can claim off 4 credit cards and 3 loans

Also last thing as Cahoot has been bought by Santander how would a claim against them go??

Many thanks
Rachael

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    r5stn wrote: »
    Hi
    I have thought about doing this for a while, but due to commitments i do not have time or patience to try claiming myself.

Can anybody recomend the best company to use who can reclaim, I think I can claim off 4 credit cards and 3 loans

Also last thing as Cahoot has been bought by Santander how would a claim against them go??

Many thanks
    Rachael

Hi and welcome

To be honest I am unable to recommend any claims company, due to the fact that lots on here have had much hassle using them, and of course they will make a charge as well.

Reclaiming is actually not bad to do yourself, its only a matter of completing a Questionnaire, these were issued by the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) and recently replaced the first template letter of reclaiming on this website.

So all you do is complete the questionnaire, keep a copy for yourself as well, and send to whoever was responsible for setting up your policy, they have 8 weeks to give a decision.

If interested check the details of the guidelines of reclaiming as below, and the questionnaire is further down the page as stage one.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

This way you get to keep all your refund.

I think many have regretted not having a go themselves and realised that using a claims company have been more hassle than its worth, but the choice is yours of course.

If you decide to want to have a go yourself and need any help, then just give a yell, there are lots on here to help you through this.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Chris_mcneil
    Options
    It is very well worth making the time to do it yourself, even if it means staying up late. I have reclaimed from 2 loans, first one through a claims company, second by myself. Both were around £2400. The first cost me £900 (39% +vat) plus 20 minutes filling in a form, then lots of annoying phone calls from the company chasing me for payment. The second cost me:
    2 stamps
    2 envolopes
    10 pieces of paper
    ...and the same 20 minutes filling in the same form!

At the end of the day, it's your choice, but it takes as much time on your part either way. The question you have to ask yourself is - if you can claim £5000, do you want £5000 or £3050?

Good luck with your reclaiming, and if you decide to do it yourself, there are plenty of people on here to give you help and advice. If you decide to use a company, a quick search of the forums might show a few to avoid ;)
    Debts remaining: £0/£16000
    PPI reclaimed: Halifax £2300, Welcome Finance - £2400
  • LisaLash
    Options
    r5stn wrote: »
    Hi

Many thanks
    Rachael

To be honest I'm with Chris on this one and I'd do it myself. My fiance will tell you I'm the biggest wimp when it comes to these kind of things but I stuck it out and persued it all the way and he is really proud of me. At least I know every penny will come to me and not to ANOTHER company after my money.

It would take an afternoon of your time if you have so many to claim from but you'll have to be patient whether you or someone else is doing it.

Just my opinion! x;)
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    This one

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169

Its the only one we know of that does not cost you part of your redress and the helpline is available at all times.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What most people dont seem to realise is that the letter that the claims company send in is typically a rip of the same template letters you can get on the internet. Plus, some claim companies actually make it easier to reject complaints because they include things which are easily proven work which works against you in cases where there is no proof and a balance of probability decision needs to be made where the most credible party tends to win. If you have listed areas of complaint that are proven to be wrong then your credibility suffers.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Deerbrook
    Options
    Send your Cahoot/Santander complaint to:

Complaints Department
    Santander UK
    PO Box 5129
    Milton Keynes
    MK9 2YN

They were very prompt, and one month after sending one letter and the questionnaire, we have just received our offer of compensation. Go for it. It really doesnt take much time at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure