Problems with Egg and Capital One

Options
Hi,

I was wondering whether one of you lovely people can advise me as to what I should do next. I have requested a SAR and have sent an FOS questionnaire about PPI on an Egg loan. Egg did not acknowledge receipt of the questionnaire although I have proof that it was signed for 8 weeks ago today, the same goes for the SAR. They have also cashed the cheque for £10. Cheeky gits.

The same goes for Capital One, they have cashed the £10 cheque but no sign of the SAR and the deadline was today.

I don't particularly want to phone either company as I feel that Egg have no idea as to what they are doing. Should I write and give them a further 14 days to respond or should I/am I able to take this straight to the FOS?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Anna* wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering whether one of you lovely people can advise me as to what I should do next. I have requested a SAR and have sent an FOS questionnaire about PPI on an Egg loan. Egg did not acknowledge receipt of the questionnaire although I have proof that it was signed for 8 weeks ago today, the same goes for the SAR. They have also cashed the cheque for £10. Cheeky gits.

The same goes for Capital One, they have cashed the £10 cheque but no sign of the SAR and the deadline was today.

I don't particularly want to phone either company as I feel that Egg have no idea as to what they are doing. Should I write and give them a further 14 days to respond or should I/am I able to take this straight to the FOS?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Hi Anna

For the SAR request they have 40 calendar days to comply, they will debit the required payment in order to get the SAR sorted and sent within that timescale.

And with the reclaim, they are entitled to 8 weeks in full.

I note that not all send acknowledgement letters, but keep an eye on the above timescales.

Good luck.:)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Anna*_2-2
    Options
    Thanks Di. Both companies have not been in touch and it is a little over 8 weeks ago since I wrote to them. I've heard nothing. Bit puzzled as to what to do now?
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks Di. Both companies have not been in touch and it is a little over 8 weeks ago since I wrote to them. I've heard nothing. Bit puzzled as to what to do now?

Hiya Anna

I would give them a ring and ask them for an update, but if they try to give an offer over the phone tell them you will only accept written correspondence.

Or the other option is, maybe wait until the week is out or if you've not received anything from them by next Monday deadline then is to complain to the FOS.;)

Hope you hear of a decision tomorrow, fingers crossed.X
  • Anna*_2-2
    Options
    You are a sweet heart as are so many other peeps on here :)
  • di3004
    Options
    You are a sweet heart as are so many other peeps on here :)

Bless you Anna, and you too.:A;)X
  • kelhodgson
    Options
    I have just had a letter from Egg following the SAR letter I sent 4 weeks ago, it states that they are not under obligation to provide any details of executed accounts. They have also cashed the £10.00 cheque I sent, I did call to ask why if they aren't willing to provide the information they still cashed my cheque. They have apologised and refunded the £10.00 to my bank account. My advice is to give them a call and at least get your £10 back!

I'm at a bit of a loss about what to do next though???
  • di3004
    Options
    kelhodgson wrote: »
    I have just had a letter from Egg following the SAR letter I sent 4 weeks ago, it states that they are not under obligation to provide any details of executed accounts. They have also cashed the £10.00 cheque I sent, I did call to ask why if they aren't willing to provide the information they still cashed my cheque. They have apologised and refunded the £10.00 to my bank account. My advice is to give them a call and at least get your £10 back!

I'm at a bit of a loss about what to do next though???

Hi there

Just also posted on the SAR thread for you with details of the ICO, give them a call for advice, good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Remember though, you can still try to make a reclaim if you have the account number, if they do not hold the details, its possibly they may come up with an offer.:)
  • Anna*_2-2
    Options
    Think I will write a stroppy letter to them over the weekend. Egg have been the worst so far at providing any information whatsoever.
  • kelhodgson
    Options
    I'd just like to check that I'm going the right way about this...

I have just completed my first FOS questionaire to send to Egg for one existing loan which I have the details and reference numbers of.

I have three other loans which I don't have any details of (other than the account numbers) thanks to Egg so rudely refusing to process my SAR. I can still complete and submit the FOS questionaires to Egg for these despite not having the documentation to back them up?

As you may well have guessed, I was a wee bit young and stupid when I discovered the personal loan and I was taken along by it all and the result was 4 loans in 4 years!!!
    I was thinking of putting all four questionaires in one envelope and writing a nice letter to go with it which explains this and how I feel they have exploited my naivety.
  • di3004
    Options
    kelhodgson wrote: »
    I'd just like to check that I'm going the right way about this...

I have just completed my first FOS questionaire to send to Egg for one existing loan which I have the details and reference numbers of.

I have three other loans which I don't have any details of (other than the account numbers) thanks to Egg so rudely refusing to process my SAR. I can still complete and submit the FOS questionaires to Egg for these despite not having the documentation to back them up?

As you may well have guessed, I was a wee bit young and stupid when I discovered the personal loan and I was taken along by it all and the result was 4 loans in 4 years!!!
    I was thinking of putting all four questionaires in one envelope and writing a nice letter to go with it which explains this and how I feel they have exploited my naivety.

Hi there

Good luck on your reclaiming, and don't worry we have all been there.;)

When you requested the SAR did they accept the payment for this or did they return it back to you.

Many have still make reclaims with just using their account numbers,even when having difficulty of retrieving paperwork, surprising though where they suddenly come up with evidence on your account one a reclaim have been made, so give it a go.

I would personally keep all reclaims separate but just as long as you have all the account numbers and were mis sold for the same reasons then no harm done in keeping to the same questionnaire if the same bank.

Hope this helps, good luck and please keep us posted.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport