Gembo Bagin's personal Mr Motivator...without the lycra!

Options
So where to start...?

Both my husband and I have been really dealing with our debt properly since August 2009. We had our first son in May 2009 forcing us to really start thinking about the coming years and next babies!

As you can see by my signature we are really making progress. This year my husband and I made the very HUGE decision for him to leave the army. We have a whole new life ahead of us from next March so it is imperitive we start dealing with it properly.

We are literally ploughing every penny into the debt. Our plan is to have the DMP paid off by March 2011. The loans then finish by Jan 2012 freeing up a massive £280 each month. The only debt we will have will be our car on finance.

Now to the present - I struggle some days to feel like we are making any progress. Obviously it is great on the days we pay things off but some days I feel like we will never make it.

I have started doing reviewing on dooyoo and polls on toluna. I also do the free scratchcards each day on littlewoods bingo. We plan to put any income from this towards Christmas making it so much happier that it was free!!

I suppose I want to try and record some of the feelings here so I can come back and see my progress in black and white.

Thanks for reading :wink:
Debt August 2009 - £30,525.50
Debt Paid February 2011

Another one popped out of the woodwork...time to work hard again!

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Progress is certainly being made, and although sometimes we all feel as though we are wading through treacle, when you look at the numbers in black and white, you cannot fail to be reminded that actually you are doing really well :D
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • DancerSupreme
    Options
    hypno06 wrote: »
    Progress is certainly being made, and although sometimes we all feel as though we are wading through treacle, when you look at the numbers in black and white, you cannot fail to be reminded that actually you are doing really well :D

Thanks hypno - exactly my point ;)

I have enjoyed reading other diarires, yours included.

Time for my own! xx
    Debt Paid February 2011

• Firewalker
    Firewalker Posts: 2,682 Forumite
    Options
    You have done really well so far. We all have bad days - I used to have days when I wanted to give up. Thinking about it - I still do. The important thing is to keep going and keep imagining life after 'negative wealth'.

Good luck!

Firewalker
  • Keebs
    Keebs Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    Wow! Just read your signature and am very impressed by how well you've done in such a short space of time. Congratulations :T

Very much like Firewalker's 'negative wealth' phrase, much more postive than 'debt'. I'm going to pinch that for sure :p
  • Firewalker
    Firewalker Posts: 2,682 Forumite
    Options
    Keebs wrote: »
    Very much like Firewalker's 'negative wealth' phrase, much more postive than 'debt'. I'm going to pinch that for sure :p

Keebs, glad you like it. This is my new calling - to try and express most things in positive terms.

Firewalker
  • DancerSupreme
    Options
    This is the problem I have - normally so very negative so when it comes to debt I try to be positive. Definitely love the negative wealth phrase though. Copyright that you may be onto something!

Hopefully today we will be able to pay off another debt which will be great. Have only managed to pay off so much thanks to my husband working extra hard and cutting things out to pay it off.
    Debt Paid February 2011

• DancerSupreme
    Options
    Woohoo - another debt knocked off the DMP and signature updated!

I like days like today :)
    Debt Paid February 2011

• DancerSupreme
    Options
    Yippe I have £75 "free" cash for Christmas. All earnt on free scratchcards and review boards. Hoping to get it to £100.

Fingers crossed that next month the DMP will be below £2,500. I am so looking forward to seeing my HSBC loan under £1k too. Seem to be heading in the right direction.

Right shower time!
    Debt Paid February 2011

• DancerSupreme
    Options
    Wow my dusty old diary - oh how I had forgotten about you.

Just reading back the first post was some motivation.

We are hoping to pay off another debt on Wednesday so really looking forward to that and we are also waiting on a compensation claim which will help towards some more. Got everything crossed that this is a "profitable" week for us!
    Debt Paid February 2011

• twinmum07
    Options
    Wow - you are making amazing progress on your debt, I am impressed and a bit jealous too.

Good luck for Wednesday - don't forget to come back and update if you do it
    Est. debt free day April 2016 (ish) Debt at June 2010 £34,247.13
    Debt at Dec 2011 £27,499.09 (19.7% paid off)
    Working together with DH on our debts (twindad07)
    Long haulers supporters DFW #256
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport