Three Laptop Deals - Credit Checks

Options
Hi,

Been thinking of switching to a 24 month contract on Three for £17.50pm which comes with a free Acer Netbook. I currently have a rolling 30 day mobile broadband contract with Three at £15pm which I have had around a year and never missed a payment on.

My credit rating is not great but wondering if anyone knows if Three perform a new check for the contract or as a check was done when I took the current package it won't need to be done again?

Also will they take into account the 12 months of payments made on time already?

Comments

• Oscar_The_Grouch
    Options
    Hi there

Three will have to do a new credit check, because you are entering in to a new credit agreement. The rules on whether they can or cannot accept you will be built into their system so unless they have an "existing customer" flag, you're just treated as a new customer. Credit checks for a 30 day plan and a 24 month contract will be different so you may be accepted on one without being accepted on the other.

Hope this helps.
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport