PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O S Daily Tuesday 31st Aug

Options

Comments

• sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    redruby wrote: »
    Morning all,

Had a terrible nights sleep, due to OH snoring and making strange noises with his mouth, in the end I shouted at him at 3.45, it drives me mad and I had my ear plugs in :mad: so I have not had a lot of sleep and feel a bit cranky.

I
    i feel for you , i spent the last 2 nights on the sofa to escape dh's snoring and 'funny' noises. he makes a 'popping' sound that drives me to distraction :eek:
    i wear ear plugs too but they just dont block it out anywhere near enough :(

BTW superdrug have an offer on Tresemme products - half price :j i have sent DD1 to stock up :D
  • CupOfChai
    CupOfChai Posts: 1,411 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone, hope you've all had lovely weekends :).

Mine was great, went to visit Boyfriend. Saturday we went for a nice tacky seaside day out at Southend (well, estuary-side, but it still counts). Pub lunch, wander about the sea front, ice cream and a go on the arcade 2p machines. I did make money come out of it but wasn't in profit so just put it back in.

Sunday went with his family to the Secret Nuclear Bunker as they don't live very far from it, which I enjoyed, it was interesting and very nice of them to take us too. Evenings we stayed in with a couple of new DVDs and some wine, too much activity in the day to be bothered going out!

Now I'm considering buying a jacket, anyone know of any discounts for New Look?
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.......oooppppsss sorry afternoon..((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))0 if you need one.

Managed to clean our bedroom and undo some sewing I done wrong. OH out in the garden, managed to trip himself up with the cable from the lawnmower and yanked it out of the plug.......I keep telling him one of these days he will do something I will have heart attck and he'll be up the kyber, he is so clumsy....drives me daft.

We took our lunch into the garden, had to come in, the wasps were circling, next year I will invest in some citronella candles.......I am allergic to stings, so not happy with wasps or stingers of any description.

We have an appointment with the dentist this afternoon, not my most favourite person.........hopefully all will be well although OH thinks he might need a filling replaced.......more expense........

I started another pair of socks last night.....for OH, they are coming on ok.

Macoroni cheese for supper with salad........dessert....need to find something.
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sistercas wrote: »
    BTW superdrug have an offer on Tresemme products - half price :j i have sent DD1 to stock up :D

B*gger :( Just been in there and didn't look :mad:
    Ended up walking to local shops after my timed school run and I am now knackered. Pushing two kids in a buggy had better burn some calories! Was very good though and although I bought the kids a cup cake each from the bakers I didn't have anything :D
    Just had a sandwich but still feeling a bit peckish......perhaps a cup of coffee is in order.
    Going to try and make some twinks this afternoon. My baking from the last two days has been bunged in the freezer otherwise it will [STRIKE]be eaten[/STRIKE] go off before school starts and it's mainly for DS that I've baked it for ;)

Jelly - lack of sleep is debilitating - just do what you can and concentrate on getting the rest you need. I know it's a PITA but getting stressed about it will only make you miserable xx

Cupofchai - this link any use to you?
    http://www.my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/discounts/newlook.co.uk

falady - lots of labour vibes for you x
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • specsappeal
    Options
    Afternoon all!
    Have done quite a bit today so far. Been to town and got a few xmas pressies bought. P.J's for DS1 girlfriend. Victoria Beckham perfume for DS2 girlfriend and David Beckham perfume for DS2 (both half price in the superdrug sale). Also got DS2 a second hand xbox game. Came home and have cleaned out Georges cage, done litter trays, hoovered up and down and done one load of washing which is blowing on the line. Have to nip out and collect DS1 and his girlfriend in a mo as it was her 18th birthday yesterday and they had a sleepover at a friends (along with a few drinks no doubt).
    not sure what is for dinnner - will either be pizza and salad or steak and kidney puddings and veg.
    When I get back I also want to catch up on the competitions board although I haven't won anything since June, but as they say - you've got to be in it to win it lol.
    We watched Pearl Harbour at the weekend and now my african grey is making a whistling sound with a boom at the end (just like the bombs dropping in the film) so he must have been watching too. is very funny the first few times but it is obviously his favourite new sound as he is doing it constantly!
    Anyhow must get a move on - have a lovely day everyone!
  • jayward
    jayward Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    afternoon they have just rung to cancel my op said another date 14th september its a lot of stress i will have chicken pie for tea:D
    think i need a cuppa and a chill,:cool:i will freeze my soup for another time.
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    We watched Pearl Harbour at the weekend and now my african grey is making a whistling sound with a boom at the end (just like the bombs dropping in the film) so he must have been watching too. is very funny the first few times but it is obviously his favourite new sound as he is doing it constantly!
    QUOTE]

my friend has an african gray , she rescued it from people who were neglecting it
    the problem is it swears and when her MIL was there recently , it shouted "Oy" and when her MIL said "yes?" it said " f*** off" :eek: her MIL was completely shocked and my friend was trying not to laugh
    fortunately it swears much less now its not hearing it constantly
  • CupOfChai
    CupOfChai Posts: 1,411 Forumite
    Options
    Your link isn't working for me Bitsy Beans, but thanks, you've given me ideas of where I can look for one.

Lol at the mischievous parrots! I'd like a parrot, but they seem expensive and quite a bit of work... Same goes for me with any pet really! I'd quite like [insert animal], but then really I probably couldn't be bothered!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jayward wrote: »
    afternoon they have just rung to cancel my op said another date 14th september its a lot of stress i will have chicken pie for tea:D
    think i need a cuppa and a chill,:cool:i will freeze my soup for another time.
    Oh that's so annoying when they do that; stressful enough, anticipating the op, then to have it put off, so you get yourself all worked up for nothing.:(

Mr LW is on late shift today, and has just rung to tell me he may be mega-late. Good thing I have Terrier Ted for company today!:D Luckily tonight's dins is Shepherd Spy that I made yesterday, so it just needs nuking when he gets in.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    OH and I have just got back from the dentist, we both need fillings total cost for the two of us £89.79 Yikes................I can see why people do not go to the dentist!!! Where I am going to find the money from I just do not know.

I am feeling depressed, I make plans to pay down our debts and something else comes and bites me on the bum and puts us back to square one again, at this rate I will never pay off our debts.........
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure