PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O S Daily Tuesday 31st Aug

Hardup_Hester
Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
edited 31 August 2010 at 6:56AM in Old style MoneySaving
Off to get the sticky
Hi there! This is the Old Style Daily Thread for 29th August 2010. It is an 'Over the garden fence' type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
[*]As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.
[*]When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new Daily Thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two Dailys' live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new Daily Thread after they get up in the morning.
[*]Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “Hi everyone, hope you are all well” type start is just fine.

Morning all
Meant to be sunny here today, packup's made & hubby's been dropped at the the station, there is washing on the line. I'm off to work this morning but I'm not starting til 9, may be finished by 12ish, we shall see.
I need to do my roots & grab a shower befor I set off.
Shepherds pie for tea with beans from the garden, it's already made & in the fridge it will need heating through & browning on top ready for when hubby gets home.
Have a good day everyone.
hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.

Comments

• Morning Hester & everyone else to follow.

Baby didn't wake till 0645 today! A-mazing!

We're going over my sisters today. If her parcel arrives we'll take the children (7 between us!) to the park.

Need to get a wash load on soon. Also it's bin day today as it was a BH yesterday. The DW will go on after breakfast.

Dinner is curry for DH, HM pizza for the children & I've got lentil bake left over!

(((hugs))) to those in need.

Have a good day all

Lisa x
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    morning

off to work in a mo, back about 2 and then will cut the grass if its dry

just been on the grabbit board and ordered ' the very hungry caterpillar' book and toy for £5.97 :j
    its a christmas present for my little niece :D

have a good day everyone x
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Morning :D

Misty start here but it's slowly burning away, have an amense amount of wasing to get through :eek:. House needs hoovering kids need feeding and i need to go to town.

Tea tongiht One pot chicken.

Have good days lovelies xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • Morning all - must be early today! Lol.

Had to force myself out of bed this morning, holidays/long weekends always do this to me, I never want to get up when it's time to go back to work the day after! The last of the washing is out on the rack, and lunch for today is made. Tea tonight will be leftovers from last nights bolognese, mm, might make some wedges and bake it on top, don't think I fancy pasta/rice again. Should be a relatively quiet day I think, I actually know the subject that we're covering today and tomorrow at uni, so hopefully I can give my brain a bit of a rest lol.

Hope everyone has good days

Lucy :)
    *2016 - the year of the savings account!*

GC: Jan (£300/£179.76) 8 NSD
    Diet: 60lbs this year - so far: 0.5
  • esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Morning all - Happy happy happy today! Boys have school next Monday - yipee!! So this week I'll be finding all the school uniform, getting it all out and taking them for haircuts. Had a lovely time at my neighbours yesterday - great party for a 12 yr old! But the trampoline that they'd bought her and the little boy broke within 3 hrs! The main ring buckled and snapped! There was only two children on it at the time - well under the 180K weight limit. Hopefully they can get their money back.

Today we're starting the menu plan I worked out so have toad in the hole for tea. Managed to do a fair bit in the garden over the long weekend, but it still looks messy, so will try and neaten it up a bit. Lots to do - hope the weather holds. Have a lovely day everyone
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • Morning All

Lovely here too allbeit with a definate nip in the air, I do believe Autumn is here.:j

DH is back to work today and has got a right grump on cos the weather has changed for the better.
    The only load of washing is in the machine and I will get that on the line as soon as it is finished. Can't get over there is only one load but heho I bet the kids find more when they emerge from their dens.

DS has sixth form registration tomorrow so I have to check his EMA paperwork and find £20 in fees :eek:

Off to town later to get some milk and eggs - I can manage that on my m.scooter oh and I have to take some books back to the library.

Dinner tonight is meatballs and pasta

Well have good days all BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Morning everyone :D
    It's payday! :j:j:j:j:j
    I'm off out soon to Asda to get my shopping in - I have today off work, so today is a batch cooking and baking day - also going to try out my new enamel pie plates!
    Had a lovely bank holiday weekend, just lazing about doing not very much! Played a lot of Lego Harry Potter on the PS3, and a fair bit of crocheting too. I really want to sit and watch all the Harry Potter films now though - maybe a marathon weekend is in order!
    Last night I made a Pokeball necklace for a friend - she ordered it ages ago, but I had to wait for some more white beads.
    It's a lovely bright sunny day in South Shields, but there is a definate nip in the air :j I have my bedding out on the line, and another load of washing due to go in the WM before I go out.

Well I need to go and do all my internet banking before I go out shopping.

Hope you all have a great day!
    the only debt left now is on credit cards! The evil loan has gone!! :j:j
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Morning all

It's glorious here too, but with a nip in the air, same as you Butterflybrain.

I'm working from our 'remote' office today. It's in the next town, and I'll be on my own with the kids from the team that my colleague who quit has left behind. It's a 40min drive there, but I get to use the minibus so no cost to me other than time spent travelling, of which half will be works time anyway! Not sure what I'm doing with the kids today, shall see how it goes.

OS wise, not much, few bits of laundry to go away. Not sure on dinner yet.

The hamster is still alive, quite a boring pet though! I wouldn't want one.

Have a good day all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 31 August 2010 at 4:03PM
    Good Morning all,sun is shining but a bit of an autumn nip in the air.NSD today as I am making it my aim to do as little shopping as possible for the next month.Porridge for breakfast shortly and veggie soup from freezer for lunch and a nice ham salad for dinner, so thats todays menu sorted.I think I will be sorting out all my knitting wool today.I seem to have accumulated quite a bit and have various things in various states of production is scattered about the house.Definitely need to tidy things up a bit. Then its a good 'bottoming out' of my sitting room as its looking a bit neglected and dusty.
    I keep thinking its Monday because of the BH ,still it will be a short week this week.The boys go back to school on Thursday the summer holidays seem to have flown by.Hope everyone has a good day.
    Cheers chums
    JackieOx
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning my lovelies :D

Sunny here but cool. Lets see if it can stay that way. Thanks for all the pics and comments to[STRIKE] rub my nose in it [/STRIKE]show the nice weather you were having :p
    DS stayed the night at Granny and Grandads - he asked and they obliged. Now if I can get rid of them both for a night I'd be on a roll! House is strangely quiet without him, is this what it feels like when they've flown the nest?!!!
    Plans for today are to time myself doing a walk with the kids in the double buggy. My eldest mindee is starting junior school and it's a good 15 min walk away. If I am going to drop her off at school and then get back to infants with DS I really need to work out exactly how long it takes and get my timings right. I should be thin as a rake with all this walking :D
    Once I've done that I need to strip kids beds and remake them and I want to declutter the wardrobes and sort out some toys for the loft. there is just too much stuff and it needs a serious sort out. How much I shall get done with both kids is another matter :cool:
    Not sure what's for tea tonight :o Need to get back onto the meal planning ladder. Also need to do a freezer inventory and we don't seem to be eating half the stuff in there :o:cool:

Hugs for those that need them. Have a good day OS or not.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport