Short Break to London

Options
13»

Comments

• mintymoneysaver
    Options
    Here's what we did on our few days recently.
    Sunday-arrive, Jack the Ripper tour for hubby, walk around Tower bridge and waterfront for me and the girls, dinner in hotel.
    Monday-Downing Street, Trafalgar Square, walk to Buck Palace, walk on to Harrods then tube to Leicester Square, walk to Covent Garden, Oxford Street, Hamleys and then finished off with a river cruise and tea at Pizza Express.
    Tuesday- London Eye, South Bank, Tate Modern ( worth a look) St Pauls then tea at Rainforest cafe (20% off when you pick up a map in our hotel) and Mamma Mia.
    Wednesday-Tower of London and home.
    If I had no children with me I would definitely have done more museums ( teenage girls don't do museums!) We decided not to do Madame Tussauds after reading the terrible reviews it got!
    Hope you have a great time.
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hmm could have sworn I'd replied last night to mintymoneysaver. Strange. Must have been really tired and hit the close instead of send button - doh.

Anyway, the Jack the Ripper tour sounds a good way of spending time, so have decided to that one evening and the Ghost Walk on Friday evening, then it'll be the pub after each of those lol. I'm a bit undecided on Madam Tussauds too tbh, might give that a miss if I fancy something else. I'm not really much into zelebs, barring a few like decaprio lol. Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to going on those walks. :)
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure