🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

High chair advice please

Options

Comments

• bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    I've had several highchairs and with dd3 I've just gone for a strap on the chair job. (from a charity shop) She wasn't weaned until nearly 10months though. If you want one for a younger child I'd go with the ikea one. They use them in their own restaurant so they must take a battering.
  • bonvonnie
    Options
    i had a Chicco one, cost like £100, padded and all that, but when baby 2 needed to go in a highchair baby 1 wanted to as well, so we ended up buying the <£15 one from Ikea, and I love it.

esp as it's so easy to clean. the Chicco one has gone to the inlaws now.
  • gk172
    gk172 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So, as it is Boots choices are limited. I am thinking of going for either the Chicco Polly Highchair-Seventy (funky!) or the Chicco Happy Snacker.

Does anybody have any good or bad things to tell me about either of them? Or has anybody any other personal recommendations? Bearing in mind it really needs to be from Boots. Oh and my Ma would prefer something small and compact for occasional use!

Thanks

We use the happy snacker in our house and i would recomend it, the padded seat easily comes off to go in the washing machine, the solid bit that separates the legs is great and takes little man longer to wriggle out as ive seen him do it so easily in other chairs and occasionaly he fell through but this stops all that, the table clips off to save space when folded and the basket underneath is fab for storing all his living room toys.
    The more i save the more i can spend:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Alleycat
    Alleycat Posts: 4,601 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you're getting one from Boots, I'd say the £30 Easy Coast jobbie. No point spending a fortune as the expensive ones seem to be such a pain. My sister has one from Babies R Us, I can't remember the name, but it is soo heavy and although it is all singing all dancing, is a complete mare to put up/take down and clean.

However, if you can get one with a removable tray then I reckon that would be best as we wish we had. Our dd sits miles away from the table because of the blinking tray bit. The Ikea ones are good, we have used them before in the cafeteria.
    "I've fallen down a hole" - said in best Monty Python voice-over.
  • moo_moo
    Options
    Although not from boots mine is ok as it folds up and i even took it away with us. It was about £30 from mothercare. I dont think its worth spending much as they get so mucky. To give it a really good clean i put it in the garden and give it a good soaking (removing little one first lol). The tray is also quite small and doesnt take some of the plates the little one has. In hindsight i would have gone for one with a bigger tray as little one likes to draw and you cant get much on it.
    :happylove never give up hope
    last did ironing OCT 2006 - very proud of this :j
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cheap,cheerful,and not too many nooks and crannies to nip fingers in,get food lumps caught in,and I agree-clean it when it's damp,not when the food has turned to super strength araldite / cement :D
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • cherrysnapz
    Options
    After a few with with trays that can not be removed and our son hated being in, we bought the £11 Ikea one, and he loves it... we just push him up to the table and he fits in like everyone else.. do think it would be worth paying the extra £3 for the tray though...just for when he/she wants to make a mess on their own, but def the best value for money imo
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ailuro2 wrote:
    cheap,cheerful,and not too many nooks and crannies to nip fingers in,get food lumps caught in,and I agree-clean it when it's damp,not when the food has turned to super strength araldite / cement :D

esp weetabix or porridge :eek: :rolleyes: :rotfl:
  • chivers1977
    Options
    I've got the happy snack and agree it is gret value for money
    There are times when parenthood seems nothing but feeding the mouth that bites you Peter De Vries
    Debt free by 40 (27/11/2016)
  • Juicy_Tube
    Options
    I am delighted with the Ikea one. A friend recommended it. It is cheap and cheerful, but easy to keep clean and we also dismantle it and put it in the car to go away!

Most of my Mums in the group went for more expensive and better looking chairs but most wish now they had gone with the Ikea one..
    HTH.

The new pushchair debate..but save your pennies, you won't be disappointed with this one IMO.

JT x
    It's great in here! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills