PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

September 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• WelshWoofer
    Options
    Just back from a trip to Mr T's and spent £37.48 after a £6 off a £40 spend was taken off - quite pleased with the spend as it did include shampoo and conditioner, shower gel, toothpaste, hand soap and washing liquid and fabric conditioner.
    Went armed with a list and meal plan and the only things I bought not on the list were a packet of value choc digestives (30p) and some crisps as treats (85p).

I'm over budget for this pay month (15th-15th, last shop today) by 60-odd pence so happy with that!:p

The new budget starts on Weds with the first big shop on Saturday or Sunday next week - the new budget willl be £180 which equates to 4 weekend shops of £45 each. Hope I can do as well as this month - fingers crossed xx
  • mongmoney
    Options
    So I did my food shop... £42.22 which was a split shop with Mr T and Mrs S!!

I did go over because Mr T has Hovis Bread at 75p a loaf and I normally buy Mr T own brand at 74p a loaf!!!

So I bought 8 loaves... which will last 2 weeks (3 if I prey hard enough)

Then I took my cat to the vet (she hurt herself) and they stung me for £45

:cry:

Afternoon Peeps,
    Just wanted to let you all know that F$$mfds aret still doing Milk at 2 4pintas for £1-50, Hovis bread, all varieties at 2 for £1. Slightly annoyed with myself as I forgot to pick up the Nicky loo roll.

I have fallen off the wagon a little bit this month as I went bonkers in Mr S and took advantage of the laundry product promo- for those of you that don't know- ariel, fairy, pampers, spend £10 get 2 till spits, go back in and do it again, and again, system keeps giving till spits as long as you spend £10 on qualifying products. Martin gave me the heads up in the weekly email. Don't need to buy any laundry for the next two years at least. Shared knowledge with a friend with two young children, and the family accosted me in Mr S today, love it when a little bit of knowledge helps others.
    Also spent over £30 on cat food from the Pets @ hm website, again hoping that the supply lasts well into next month, if not longer.

Lets keep sharing :T
    Mongy
    Storms make oaks take deeper root
  • MrsRogers
    Options
    Little bit annoyed with Ic$land asked DH to nip in this morning to pick up some stardrops (only place near me that sells it) and they had a min spend of £5 for the carpark :mad:
    Thankfully DH used his common sense and purchased 2x stardrops and loo roll which will keep ..... Its made me so mad that they do that.

Also made a chili con carne this morning to go in the slow cooker and realized there wasn't quite enough chili powder left so had to go out to local coop to get some and they only had a type of blended chili powder so god knows whats its going to taste like!!

So thats £5.76 i didnt need to spend:mad::mad::mad:
    Goal - We want to be mortgages free :j

I Quit Smoking March 2010 :T
  • majjak
    majjak Posts: 380 Forumite
    Options
    mongmoney wrote: »
    I have fallen off the wagon a little bit this month as I went bonkers in Mr S and took advantage of the laundry product promo- for those of you that don't know- ariel, fairy, pampers, spend £10 get 2 till spits, go back in and do it again, and again, system keeps giving till spits as long as you spend £10 on qualifying products.

Do you know if this promo still on mongmoney? I'll pop down if so :D
    Save £12K challenge 2015 # 173
    £0.00/£10,000
  • mongmoney
    Options
    majjak wrote: »
    Do you know if this promo still on mongmoney? I'll pop down if so :D

Yep, on until October. Get down to a large store though, the smaller ones don't have enough of the products. With most of it also being half price it seems daft not to stock up.
    :rotfl:
    Jan GC £28-49/£120 NSD's 15/17
    Dec GC £90-90/£140 NSD's 17/18
    Storms make oaks take deeper root
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hippeechiq wrote: »
    ETA cw18 beat me to it ;)

If by "combi" oven you mean a microwave combi, then I can 2nd on how efficient they are. I always used to do all casserole type things in mine, and it's such a small space to heat. Sadly, mine broke about 6 months ago (had had it 10 years) and I can't afford a a new one.
    Yep, a 'combi' to me is a microwave combi :)

The oven part of my old one had been playing up for a while, but a power outage a couple of weeks ago destroyed the micro side as well (clock, program setting and timer all worked - but everything came out as cold as it went it!), and as I rely on the micro for making breakfast at least twice a week (lob porridge in while I get washed on my the days I do my early starts) I had to replace it ASAP - not that I could really afford to, which is why the downsize at the same time (old one cost £250-ish in a sale 8.5 years ago, new one cost £75 in a half price sale)
    Cheryl
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 11 September 2010 at 2:19PM
    Options
    Thanks all...I guess it's a case of 'what happens, happens' and there is no need to worry unless something happens - I'm a worry wart by nature so it doesn't help! :-p

Went to Mr S today and spent £7.60 - will update signature.

On a more positive note, I got back from shopping and have received a £10 Tesco Giftcard from doing Valued Opinions surveys! They are very time consuming and I must admit I don't have much patience for it, which is why it's taken about a year to get anything through - I do the odd survey now and then. Nonetheless - a very nice surprise which will be be very useful! :D
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    back from costco

spent £29.21

got 480 teabags
    2x 1kg lurpak
    6x maryland cookies :o
    2x 750g nutella
    12x dove soaps
    12x 1l cartons orange juice
    4pts milk

the tea, soap, oj, butter should last a couple of months :D
  • majjak
    majjak Posts: 380 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2010 at 4:12PM
    Options
    mongmoney wrote: »
    Yep, on until October. Get down to a large store though, the smaller ones don't have enough of the products. With most of it also being half price it seems daft not to stock up.
    :rotfl:

I'm back :D, spent £34 and got £102 worth of stuff :eek:. Should keep me going for the rest of the year but grocery challenge amount is definitely going to be busted this month !

Thank you mongmoney for the heads up :beer: :money:
    Save £12K challenge 2015 # 173
    £0.00/£10,000
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have now spent €68.69 of September budget....need to get cat and dog food in next few days, maybe some meat if there is an offer on anywhere, probably have enough if I check the freezer list.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills