Flights to Amman, Jordan

Options
Hi

I anticipate flying to Amman, Jordan a couple of times in the next 10 months. I am struggling to get any good deals.

Does anyone have any tips? What airlines should I keep an eye on? I would be flying from Manchester.

Thanks.

Comments

• tb10er
    tb10er Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    try travelsupermarket.com or skyscanner.net
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Amman is not known for 'cheap' flights and as you will have discovered, there are no direct flights from Manchester anyway. Your best route is probably on BMI via Heathrow, their flight to Amman leaves at 1350 every day so it doesn't require an early start from Manchester and the return flight gets back to Heathrow at lunchtime, so an easy route home as well.
  • jamesbrownontheroad
    Options
    BMI is indeed your best option (and very comfy too on their last remaining Airbus A330). If you can wait, you might find Amman included in the monthly bmiFriday promotion, which discounts fares to various BMI destinations between 12:00 and 17:00 on the last Friday of every month (yep, you just missed it). Amman was last included back in July, with fares from Manchester to Amman starting at £348 return all inclusive.

They have been mumblings for some time over on PPrune that Easyjet (following their successful launch to Tel Aviv) are looking at Amman as a possible future destination. You may find more low cost competition to the Middle East in the future.
  • Alcmene
    Alcmene Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have previously used Cyrpus Airlines and they were okaaaaay. Got something booked with Turkish Airlines this year will see what they are like.

What is this BMI Friday promotion? How do I get in on the action? :D
  • jamesbrownontheroad
    Options
    Alcmene wrote: »
    What is this BMI Friday promotion? How do I get in on the action? :D

Just head to flybmi.com between 12:00 and 17:00 on the last Friday of the month, you can't miss it. BMI also has a 4.5% cashback deal if click through Quidco, which is well worth it on long and mid haul flights. You may also find the occasional 10% discount code through BMI's Facebook page, but for the best inside info on booking and flying with BMI, join the FlyerTalk pages for the BMI Diamond Club.
  • Alcmene
    Alcmene Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks James, what a shame I missed it this time round!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure