🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Car Radio Unlocking

Options

Comments

• ntxcruz
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I recently did a timing belt job in my 2003 Audi TT and I had to disconnect the battery for the first time since I got the car.... Only after the fact I realized I never had (or got from the previous owner) the code for the radio (my dealer is asking $90 for it). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure about the needed info on the radio so I will post everything I can read in the manufacturer sticker:

0300 US

Ser.No. 41244

C5038222 A6 TT

the top bar code is:
    4B0035186H

the side bar code is:
    CF A00026 AUZ5Z6C5038222

there is also another sticker on the side of the unit:

Audi _ Concert II _ CQ-JA1062L
    ... this unit was assembled by Matsunutsa Corp.

Thank you so much for your help,
    Cheers
  • wazza
    wazza Posts: 2,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sister just bought a Vauxhall Corsa P registered. When she switch the radio/cassette player on nothing happens. The unit switches on. The display on dashboard changes from showing the clock to a text which says 'SAFE'. Does that mean she needs to have a code for the unit? The previous owner does not have the code. The car had the alternator changed recently so the battery was disconnected.

What can she do? Visit Vauxhall and ask for the code? What is the procedure and how much are we looking at?

Also do the basic corsa only have two speakers or four speakers?
    Problem with having access to internet is that i get asked by many to solve their problems :( Well at least i learn something on the way :D
  • movingforward2010
    Options
    long shot - but sometimes its underneath the unit.

otherwise down to your local dealer with your log book
  • wazza
    wazza Posts: 2,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Any idea on costs?

How easy is it to remove the unit? Can you use standard prongs from say halfords? Do the unit use standard connectors? Was thinking of installing another unit if no luck wth this one.
    Problem with having access to internet is that i get asked by many to solve their problems :( Well at least i learn something on the way :D
  • naughtynurse1
    Options
    the code maybe TRY 6525
  • jlj_2
    jlj_2 Posts: 272 Forumite
    Options
    katieb2007 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can anyone help - I have a new Ford Focus but the radio is locked - boo!! Serial number is M173057.
    Many thanks
    Katie xx

Hi Katie,
    Try 5292. Hope it works for you.
  • ntxcruz
    Options
    Could someone help me please!.... or tell me who could. Is it possible to get this code back or not? Thanks for any help!

ntxcruz wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I recently did a timing belt job in my 2003 Audi TT and I had to disconnect the battery for the first time since I got the car.... Only after the fact I realized I never had (or got from the previous owner) the code for the radio (my dealer is asking $90 for it). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure about the needed info on the radio so I will post everything I can read in the manufacturer sticker:

0300 US

Ser.No. 41244

C5038222 A6 TT

the top bar code is:
    4B0035186H

the side bar code is:
    CF A00026 AUZ5Z6C5038222

there is also another sticker on the side of the unit:

Audi _ Concert II _ CQ-JA1062L
    ... this unit was assembled by Matsunutsa Corp.

Thank you so much for your help,
    Cheers
  • mikey146cars
    Options
    hi could you give me the code for a 3000 traffic m353656
  • BGOOL
    Options
    Is there other place you can find the serial # on volvo radio SC811 if the tag has been torn off. BGOOL
  • KK_Tan
    Options
    my corsa had electric fault few months ago and my radio locked since then. can anyone help with unlocked code?

vauxhall corsa reg 51
    CDR2005VDO

serial: GM020511031541

other numbers:
    VDO 326559176
    no. 24469306
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing