PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Midland Heart Repairs

Options
Do any other Midland Heart tenants have endless problems getting simple repairs done,or have given up asking for repairs to be done as they are making no progress.

Comments

• Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Not a word from anyone.That is a normal response for anything involving Midland Heart.I had hoped that Midland Heart tenants would take the opportunity to have their say.
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    Perhaps there aren't any registered posters in this forum who are tenants of Midland Heart?

If they are simple repairs it might make more sense to do those yourself if they're not beyond your skills. If they're not that simple I would recommend you always put your requests IN WRITING and keep following them up.
  • Norman_Castle
    Options
    If they are simple repairs it might make more sense to do those yourself if they're not beyond your skills. If they're not that simple I would recommend you always put your requests IN WRITING and keep following them up.
    I do simple repairs myself quite happily.As for contacting Midland Heart by letter,this is no better than using email as everything is directed through customer services.(I have tried).Contacting them is not the problem.Its the endless follow ups for work that is either not done,or done badly,that should be unneccessary.Midland Heart employ contractors for all repairs and routine maintenance.Unfortunatelly the contractors are not monitored closely enough,hence the endless follow ups.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is "Midland Heart Repairs" a repair company or a landlord? If the latter, then follow standard advice on getting repairs done (see Bitter&Twisted above but do the follow ups in writing too)

Customer services? No. Do everything in writing to the LL's address on the tenancy agreement.

See shelter.
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    I think Midland Heart are a Housing Association. They should have a complaints procedure available, very possibly it's on their website.
  • Norman_Castle
    edited 30 August 2010 at 7:40PM
    Options
    Midland Heart are a large housing association.Possibly the largest in the Midlands.

They do have a complaints proceedure,tried it four times.Complaint dealt with properly once,another two complaints no response and I gave up.The remaining complaint was given to the person at the centre of the complaint who then phoned me and told me to forget about it.

I am not really looking for advice on how to get repairs done or how to complain.I am hoping other tenants will share their experiences so that Midland Heart will get its head out of the sand and accept that maintenance and repairs should be managed without repeated involvement from its residents.
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    In that case I suggest you join a Tenants & Resident organisation and if there isn't one perhaps you could start one? I doubt you're the only tenant in this situation
  • Trollfever
    Trollfever Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    Options
    Connaught appear to hold the contract for repairs.
    Mears would be interested in picking up any of Connaught's social housing clients who decide to change suppliers in the short term, but would also be prepared to wait if Connaught's financial problems get worse. But Holt said he would not be prepared to quote less than the going rate for the contracts.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/aug/17/connaught-rivals-ready-to-pounce
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure