terrible 2's... at 11 months???

Options
Is this possible??

My son is throwing some terrible tantrums when he cant do things, like open a toy etc.

How can we deal with this??

Comments

• black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just ignore him. He's doing it for attention so if you give it to him he will do it all the more.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • patchwork_cat
    Options
    I have found that the terrible 2's do atart early - not 11 months in our case, but 15 months and go on until 3 or so. Just like a teenager doesn't turn over night it starts about 8 and gradually increases!

He is frustrated. HAve you read Toddler Taming it is a great book.
  • DilbertJones
    Options
    I have found that the terrible 2's do atart early - not 11 months in our case, but 15 months and go on until 3 or so. Just like a teenager doesn't turn over night it starts about 8 and gradually increases!

i shall look into that book
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My 13 month old has tantrums & has done for a few months now, not sure exactly when we noticed the first one, but they have got noticabley worse the last couple of weeks. Where ever possible we try to walk away from him until he has finsihed, either by leaving him where he is or putting him in his playpen if at home. Of course, when you are out this doesn't work, well meaning people jump in & try to help ; church on sunday (OK, not the best place for a tantrum:o) & someone picked him up & cuddled him saying "I think he is frightened, he wants reassuring" :mad: "No, he is throwing a strop because he wants the service book & I won't give it to him":rolleyes:
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • SCREAMIN_BABIES
    Options
    my son started at around 13 months he is now three and two months and has terrible 2s still . infact they are worse now he has started nursery .
    Free of dept Thanks Martin
    :T :beer: beers are on me
  • Petal_3
    Options
    I would think in that case he's just frustrated and doesn't know how to handle the feelings he's having. I would completely ignore the tantrum, don't give attention to the tantrum at all but show him how to do whatever he is having problems with.

Good Luck
    ~x~
    Owned by [STRIKE]4[/STRIKE] 4 cats: 2 x Maine coon cross males, 1 x Pixie Bob male and[STRIKE] 2[/STRIKE] 1 x Norwegian Forest male....cute!

R.I.P Darling Jackson 11/7/09 - 15/1/10 :(
    Miss u sweetie... :heart:
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Options
    My boy is 17 months and while not full blown tantrums he does have his little moodies when he cant do things!

This morning he found it highly funny shaking his juice bottle making the juice go everywhere! i took it off him and he started having a moody:rotfl:

I normally ignore his behaviour when he is like this but when it is bad i say no and he soon gets the message!:D
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    My nephew is 2 1/2 yo. And he has a very good temper on him. When he does go in a strop mum will generally wait for him to finish. Every so often she'll ask him if he's finished yet to which he says no. So she'll wait some more. Eventually he'll announce that he's "all done" and that will be that. We're back to being a sweet little boy again.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • Biddyrolo
    Options
    I have found that the terrible 2's do atart early - not months in our case, but 15 months and go on until 3 or so. Just like a teenager doesn't turn over night it starts about 8 and gradually increases!11

I second that Toddler Taming is very good (by Dr Christopher Green I think)
  • DilbertJones
    Options
    he's also started scratching our faces quite often, horrible seeing this weet little boy turn nasty like that
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure