New DFW - Learn from my pain!

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• saltnvinegar
    Options
    Hi All

Well almost 6 months since that last update! How time flies!

What is amazing is that in this time I have had next to zero harrassment from creditors. Only thing of note was a letter from Wescot offering me a 'reduced settlement' and thats pretty much it!

DMP has settled down and the balance is slowly coming down.

Best
    SnV
    LBM & Debt July 2010 [STRIKE]£19,000[/STRIKE] now - £11,619.60 Long Haul Supporter #247

Remember Income > Expenditure = MSE Heaven :A and Income < Expenditure MSE Hell :(

Current STB (sticking to budget) Counter - day 109 (Personal Best - 109 days!)
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Wow what a totally inspiring read that has made me laugh at times. Your perseverance has shown that you are willing to take responsibility for.your debt and that.you are paying it off despite numerous obstacles in your way.
    I feel inspired.
    Thank you L2B.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • BlushingRose
    Options
    Thanks so much for this - I'm going to sit and read the whole thread, but have just read your first, and two last posts and just wanted to say thank you from someone who is just starting out.
    Our LBM: Dec 2011. DMP started: Jan 2012. Debt at LBM: £41,568

Oct 2012 = Current debt: £40,548.93
    Oct 2013 = Current debt: £39.054.70

DMP Support number 424 - Long haul number 308
  • saltnvinegar
    Options
    Hi All

Well its been 2 years since I started my DMP.

I have reduced my debt by a third, and have fought back against those creditors who treated me like dirt, and have found some accounts to be unenforceable leaving those creditors up the creek without a paddle.

Thats a shame, perhaps if they had treated me with a little empathy from the start I wouldn't have felt the need to investigate my legal options.

I have paid off some of my other debts, and also no longer have arrears with my energy supplier.

Looking forward to another 2 years.

Best
    SnV
    LBM & Debt July 2010 [STRIKE]£19,000[/STRIKE] now - £11,619.60 Long Haul Supporter #247

Remember Income > Expenditure = MSE Heaven :A and Income < Expenditure MSE Hell :(

Current STB (sticking to budget) Counter - day 109 (Personal Best - 109 days!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure