We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sold a bike, broke down

2

Comments

  • msmyth18
    msmyth18 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Geezer69 wrote: »
    First of all I would like to apologiese to anyone who may think this will result in a forum arguement, I assure you it wont as this will be my only post (i hope) on this thread.

    Now then Terry lets be honest about this.......

    First off the bike only made it 15 miles before breaking down not 80 miles...

    Secondly the item was not as decribed and there is proof of this...

    I can not beleive this is the 'legal advise' you told me you got....

    I tried to be reasonable with this but you have not only lied on the ebay description but on this forum as well... WHY?


    Wasnt a kawasaki ER250 from mansfield by any chance?

    Thats the 2 wheel tub i got hooked up with! I got a refund though as the bloke picked me up. 15 miles hes taking the mick really.
  • benham3160
    benham3160 Posts: 735 Forumite
    Private sale, old vehicle.

    I'd definately tell anybody wanting comeback to "do one."

    What do people actually expect? Buy something blind, you're setting yourself up for trouble!

    Regards,
    Andy
  • bella165
    bella165 Posts: 13,127 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    if the bike has been sat for 5 years i for 1 wouldnt of rode it untill it have had a goodlooking over, the only way the other person can do is take you to small claims court and have proof that the bike wasnt sold as discribed
    hth bella
    Replies to posts are always welcome, if they are done in the correct manner. If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 30,124 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Secondly the item was not as decribed and there is proof of this...

    If you have concrete proff, then sort it out at the small claim court.
    Simples.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,996 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I would say no refund.

    Terry, what did you do?
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • JQ.
    JQ. Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Only one way to sort this out - anyone got a link to the Ebay Ad?
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Geezer69 wrote: »
    First of all I would like to apologiese to anyone who may think this will result in a forum arguement, I assure you it wont as this will be my only post (i hope) on this thread.

    Now then Terry lets be honest about this.......

    First off the bike only made it 15 miles before breaking down not 80 miles...

    Secondly the item was not as decribed and there is proof of this...

    I can not beleive this is the 'legal advise' you told me you got....

    I tried to be reasonable with this but you have not only lied on the ebay description but on this forum as well... WHY?


    Hang on, so Geezer bought the bike from the op Terry? Very interesting if that is the case.

    More beans need spilling please,
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

    Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

    Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • It would be interesting to see the ebay description of the bike (including any questions asked) even just copied and pasted (to protect the innocent.)
    Then if someone was to tell us what went wrong, we could all take sides.
    Forget Judge Judy, lets have Trial By MSE.
  • bigjl
    bigjl Posts: 6,457 Forumite
    Well the way somebody behaves after more information becomes apparent is usually relevant to the actual truth of a situation.

    The innocent will put forward information and possibly proof that they acted legally and where a genuine seller.

    The guilty will hit the woodwork when more truthful information comes out.

    What has happened with this situation, OP, posts info that may or may not be the whole story, the buyer posts some info and the OP is not heard from again.................................mmm.
  • Geezer69
    Geezer69 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 25 August 2010 at 6:28PM
    Ok I cannot do a direct link to the ebay sale but the item nuumber is 320566442326

    To be honest I am not after any judgement as such just wanted to find out why Terry is on a forum lying and why he wont help in any way.

    I admit I was hasty in the buying of the bike. I was involved in accident (some numpty knocked me off my bike) and I needed a replacement quickly and saw this bike, I asked a few questions and all seemed good.

    I collected the bike and drove away at which point I thought there was a problem with the bike due to a slight lack of power however I just thought that maybe the carbs need looking at, which they did and have been done, however about 15 mile in to my journey home there was a suddenly loss of power and strange noise from the engine at which point I pull over and call the AA. The AA have to tow the bike home. Once i get home I arrange for someone to look at the bike. The first symptom is that the bike is only running on cylinder due to a faulty sparkplug, the advert said sparkplugs were renewed however both sparkplugs show signs of age. Replaced spark plugs and balanced carbs. All seems well but further investiagtion shows that the , apologise if I get the terminology wrong but I am no mechanic, big end barings have gone, most likely due to the bike being driven without oil in it, and basically the engine is knacked. Now to get a replacement engine fitted is gonna cost more than the bike is worth. The bike is basically gonna be scraped now.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.