A new wave of 'help' requests

Options
1235»

Comments

• pania
    pania Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Options
    hey guys,

so sorry to hear you were made to feel bad toomuchdebt, debt carries a stigma with it, being seen as irresponsible, bad with money, untrustworthy etc that it is a heavy unfair and on many occasions embarrassing problem to bear. Everyone on this board needs help, whatever their situation. They feel the burden of confronting the issue, and the effect it has on their lifestyle, the worry of breaking the news to their parents or respective others.

The ease with which people can get credit nowadays means that there are many who take advantage, run it up without a care in the world and then jack it all in again without a care in the world.These are the people we will NEVER see appearing on these boards as it simply isn't a concern for them, and it is these people that undermine the chances of dealing with our debt with support from the creditor through whatever means when it becomes necessary.

The issue on this board i believe was never an attack on new posters but a discussion as kathfisch says on the debt culture within our society.
    Everyone has a reason for getting into the situation they are in, everyone deserves help to get out of it.

Have a great day people and happy saving. sorry if this was a bit heavy for this time of the morning, and my goddamn smilies ain't working again!!!
    p
    xx
    debt @05/11/11 £12210.63!! slowly chipping away!!
    :heart2:impossible is nothing.:heart2:
  • Mike_St_Helens
    Options
    Just the part about people wanting interest rates cut without good reason-in the OP's post-not yours pania.Just made me feel totally worthless for daring to post about how I hated MBNA for not reducing payments/freezing interest as the OP made me feel like I had no right at all to complain now that I was having trouble paying it back.

Hi there,

I think this is aimed at me. Im sorry if you fealt this way, like I said in your original post ... you asked a question as to why they wouldnt freeze fees etc and I told you. I also gave you very supportive advice about CCCs and Payplan.

As you may or may not know, I am possibly in a situation that could only be in your nightmares... I would never make anyone feel worthless, this isnt my style. I like to help and answer people with honesty, accuracy if I can and aim to help them address the question.

Mike
  • wuckfit
    wuckfit Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    Just the part about people wanting interest rates cut without good reason-in the OP's post-not yours pania.Just made me feel totally worthless for daring to post about how I hated MBNA for not reducing payments/freezing interest as the OP made me feel like I had no right at all to complain now that I was having trouble paying it back.

I think asking for a reduction in interest rate or a freeze is all very well, but not as a first step towards DFW.

Yes it can do no harm to ask lenders to freeze or lower if someone has already cut back as far as possible and is still struggling. But to approach lenders before making any other cutbacks is wrong, IMO.
  • Toomuchdebt
    Options
    wuckfit wrote:
    I think asking for a reduction in interest rate or a freeze is all very well, but not as a first step towards DFW.

Yes it can do no harm to ask lenders to freeze or lower if someone has already cut back as far as possible and is still struggling. But to approach lenders before making any other cutbacks is wrong, IMO.

Yep and that's what I have done-there's nothing left to cut back on :( My last option was to ask for a reduction in interest rates.
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills