Next 0% Offer

iow85
iow85 Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi all,

I am after a bit of advice about getting another 0% card for purchases. My situation is as follows;

I have 3 credit cards at the moment;

Natwest: Current balance 150, limit 4400 (no 0% offer)
Santander: Current balance 2800, limit 3600 (0% BT until March 11)
Halifax: Current balance 4000, limit 4100 (0% purchases until April 11)

I have more than enough in current accounts to pay off all debts.

I have a 2000 overdraft on my natwest current account which I have not gone into for 2 years now

About a month ago I closed a virgin 0% BT card that had expired (transferred to the santander card). This has a 6500 limit.

I have had the natwest one for 2 years, santander opened in March and was "pre approved" since they are my mortgage lender. Halifax one was opened in April. I opened a halifax reward current account, plus a joint one, and a santander plus alliance and Leicester current account in march / april time.

The only blip on my credit file was a single card payment a month late about 3 years ago, otherwise minimum payments have always been paid with my current practice being paying off double the minimum monthly.

I couldn't seem to find any credit searches listed on my file, only ones that were there to confirm my identity.

I have a mortgage in my name only and we are both on the electoral role.

My other half has no credit cards and nothing on her credit file really to speak of (graduated last year from uni). She owes 900 on a 0% overdraft.

My salary is 27k basic, and hers 25k

I would like to open another credit card for 0% purchases now that the halifax one is full.

Virgin said when I cancelled I could open a new one at 0% immediately. Would this be better since I have a history with them? When I applied first time around they seemed to take into account our joint salary which obviously helped.

Should I try opening an account with a new card provider? Will my recent applications harm my attempts? How long should I wait for the virgin card to no longer affect my applications?

Should my other half apply for a card in her name or is she unlikely to get one on the basis of not having a credit file (good or bad)?

Any other advice?

Many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family