Kitchen Fitting Costs

Options
Morning everyone,

could anyone please advise on a rough cost for fitting the following kitchen in a room 2.5m x 3.2m (screeded floor and straight boarded walls)

worktop (on 3 sides)
tall oven housing (+ 2 pan drawers at bottom and cupboard on top)
5 wall cupboards (1 corner, 2 300mm, 1 600mm, 1 500mm)
6 base units (2 corner, 1 600mm with drawers in, 3 300mm)
fit all doors and handles
small amount of plumbing (cut hole and use push fit connectors for water pipes to come in to back of cupboard)
fit plinth and conices

(it's a B&Q cream gloss kitchen with laminate top)
no tiling, flooring or fitting of oven, hob and sink

My fault for not agreeing a price up front, but I have been using the fitter to renovate my property and never had and problems in the last year, but I think he is drawing this one out!!:(

many thanks for your help

Kerri

Comments

• keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    Options
    What's he charged / quoted then?

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • kerri247
    kerri247 Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well he wants to charge £1100 currently. He has said this is his day rate, and it was 8 days, but I know he was only here for some days for a couple of hours. I would like to know if this is a reasonable quote and then I wont quibble over the hours worked.

hope someone can help

Kerri
  • keystone
    Options
    Based on rough £ per individual wall unit, base unit, worktop runs including scribing, hockey stick mitres, cut outs for hob and sink, guestimate on meterage for plinths and cornices etc I've come up with £ 900 so by the time you've added the plumbing element an allowance for basic materials and a little em!!!!!!ance factor £ 1100 doesn't seem that wide of the mark TBH.

Yes for a job of this size you prolly should have agreed a price (subject to the usual) before starting but I don't think he's shafting you.

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • kerri247
    Options
    thanks for your reply, this house renovation lark has defintely taught me a thing or too (If I am mad enough to ever do it again!!)

Kerri
  • keystone
    Options
    Hope he's giving you a proper numbered and receipted invoice.

Cheers
  • booty40uk
    booty40uk Posts: 514 Forumite
    Options
    Day 1. Fit all units, cornice, pelmet and plumbing
    Day 2. Worktops, cutouts, doors,
    Day 3. Handles, plinths, edge strips, finishes

£500 tops

HTH

Andy
  • suisidevw
    suisidevw Posts: 2,256 Forumite
    Options
    And this above ^ is from a quality experienced tradesman!
  • Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    suisidevw wrote: »
    And this above ^ is from a quality experienced tradesman!

Good afternoon: I suspect there will be a bit of a difference between kitchen fitting costs in South Wales and Essex.;) Perhaps the OP will let us know how she gets on.

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • suisidevw
    suisidevw Posts: 2,256 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sure there will be!
  • kerri247
    Options
    I will let you all know how it finishes, which hopefully will be tomorrow. What a learining curve:o......
    I have learnt NEVER to accept a job in the future without agreeing a price, but I am very glad I took pictures of the kitchen every day the work was ongoing and wrote down what work was done (as I have throughout this whole project).
    I have calculated it to be 7 days work (3 of those not full days), he is now asking for 9 days. I am prepared to pay for 7 days and forget about the shorter days, but definitely not 9 days! Especially as on 1 day he only fitted door handles and another day he fitted only 5 pan drawers.

thanks for all your help

Kerri
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family