We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE News: Fake EHIC websites shut down

1235»

Comments

  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 21,905 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Chutzpah Haggler
    edited 8 April 2014 at 10:04PM
    ekeitout wrote: »
    So cross with myself as I went to renew EHIC cards and by accident logged onto ehic-org.uk (which looks very much like to Official site. In a moment of brain freeze I found myself entering my debit card details authorising payment but it did not say how much I was paying. Only after logging off did I realise how completely stupid i'd been.
    How can I cancel payment?? any ideas, anyone?
    If it didn't state the amount they're going to charge I can't see how they can charge you? If they charge you, say, £30, you can just say to your bank truthfully that you didn't authorise £30 and demand a refund.

    There's a very long and tedious thread on what to do here but I haven't got a clue whether it contains anything useful, I started reading and rapidly lost the will to live as its mainly a flame war and pointless sanctimonious "should have read the website" type posts. But it may contain useful info/links,
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/4869030
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 36,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    zagfles wrote: »
    If it didn't state the amount they're going to charge I can't see how they can charge you? If they charge you, say, £30, you can just say to your bank truthfully that you didn't authorise £30 and demand a refund.

    There's a very long and tedious thread on what to do here but I haven't got a clue whether it contains anything useful, I started reading and rapidly lost the will to live as its mainly a flame war and pointless sanctimonious "should have read the website" type posts. But it may contain useful info/links,
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/4869030

    It doesn't contain anything useful at all.

    The OP has changed the first post so many times it's a nonsense.

    @ekeitout:
    ekeitout wrote: »
    So cross with myself as I went to renew EHIC cards and by accident logged onto ehic-org.uk (which looks very much like to Official site. In a moment of brain freeze I found myself entering my debit card details authorising payment but it did not say how much I was paying. Only after logging off did I realise how completely stupid i'd been.
    How can I cancel payment?? any ideas, anyone?

    Are you sure about the website address?

    I can't find www.ehic-org.uk.

    www.ehic.org.uk takes you to the NHS website.

    TBH, I can't understand how you could have used a copycat website that didn't tell you how much it was going to charge you.

    Are you sure you haven't used the official, free website?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.