PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

What would you expect?

Options
2»

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It suggests the need for protective wear, of this youd be thinking safety shoes, hard hat, maybe even goggles. ( probably could get away without a high viz jacket :D) I expect ceilings coming down, staircase issues and uneven flooring.
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Wobblydeb
    Wobblydeb Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm thinking environmental health hazard and several skips to clear the interior....
    I've got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Also noticed from the front view there seems to be some sort of forest growing in the garage.
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Littleoldme
    Littleoldme Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    clutton wrote: »

so "old" people dont want to watch better tele than the 5 terrestial stations ????

No, just thinking that two dishes is not the norm on a house so wondering if it had been sub divided into bedsits or something...
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i would specifically ask about the presence of any asbestos before I attempted a viewing bearing in mind the advice given for viewers
  • henpecked1
    henpecked1 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    NO CHILDREN WILL BE ALLOWED ACCESS TO THE PROPERTY.

perhaps it is owned by Mr Glitter?
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd expect maybe some rotting floorboards, maybe a dividing wall removed without proper support, possibly the owner went into hospital/a home and there was a flood during the bad winter, with water coming through the ceilings, or maybe some burglars/squatters/hoodies trashed it and ripped out anything they thought valuable (like the water tank), leaving it to flood.

Apart from that it'd be lovely :)

Kitchen probably has a single cold tap fitted to the wall above the sink.
  • clutton_2
    clutton_2 Posts: 11,149 Forumite
    Options
    my god what a load of negativity we have produced on this thread..........
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,866 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 August 2010 at 10:48PM
    Options
    Doesn't look that bad to me, but then, that's me isn't it!

I bet there's loads of crap in there - previous occupant was an 'eccentric' and lived in squalor. It doesn't look old enough to be collapsing.

I bought the top trump of bad houses but we viewed one once where the previous occupant was serving as her majesty's pleasure. BEAUTIFUL old house, beams, a good three centuries old. The windows were boarded so we were viewing with hard hats with lights on, like miners. That wasn't so bad - it was rank and I didn't approach the kitchen (the bathroom was beyond that) because H started retching! It was the photographs that I was taking blind using the flash that were revealing all - that was the weirdest thing - walking aroun something you could harldy see but seeing photographs as if in broad daylight.

Oh and another place my foot went through the floor! It was ridden with rot and there was a crack down the back wall like I have never seen anywhere else! I took my son (god!) - he didn't go upstairs but he was at at the bottom telling everyone that the place stank of "wee" :eek: Embarassing at the time, but it was true. It went for £600k. Good for nothing but hardcore, that house. It's still there, boarded up on streetview at least three years later.

And our latest. Shown the pics on here before but H did 21 bags of newly packaged mail order clothing to the charity shop and 11 skips just to clear the 'stuff'. Neighbour was kicking off about something until the builders kindly informed her that they'd removed a rats nest from up against her party wall. :lipsrseal

So yeah, that place doesn't look too bad!
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • neverdespairgirl
    neverdespairgirl Posts: 16,501 Forumite
    Options
    clutton wrote: »
    my god what a load of negativity we have produced on this thread..........

if it was less than falling to bits, the EA would say, "would benefit from cosmetic updating"
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure