can you eat your own food on ryanair flights

Options
Just booked my first Ryanair flight and wondered if you can take your own sandwiches to eat onboard or is this not allowed, have done this on other airlines no probs, Andy :cool:

Comments

• MrTomato
    MrTomato Posts: 771 Forumite
    Options
    yes. As long as it is in your hand luggage when you board. They'll get all !!!!!y if it isn't.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,146 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, you can take your own food and drink. The only limitations is that airlines don't like you drinking your own alcohol on board (though people have been known to do it sneakily). Not only does it cut into their profits but they cannot monitor how much you have drank.
  • alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Give it time & Ryanair will charge "corkage" on all non-Ryanair food
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 10:08PM
    Options
    andy234 wrote: »
    Just booked my first Ryanair flight and wondered if you can take your own sandwiches to eat onboard or is this not allowed, have done this on other airlines no probs, Andy :cool:

Ryarair welcome this but no own booze and no hot drinks other than that it's fine, look at their FAQ

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/can-i-bring-my-own-food-onboard

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/can-i-bring-and-consume-my-own-alcohol-onboard
  • jnm21
    jnm21 Posts: 853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MrTomato wrote: »
    yes. As long as it is in your hand luggage when you board. They'll get all !!!!!y if it isn't.
    Spot on.

I hate STUPID 10 character limits!!!!
    Certain OTT members have caused me to add this disclaimer: all advice given is free of charge & as such should be taken to be IIRC (as I don't spend hours researching all answers :eek: )!
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,146 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    alanrowell wrote: »
    Give it time & Ryanair will charge "corkage" on all non-Ryanair food

Sshh.... Don't give them ideas.
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    They may let you eat your own food but they may not let you put your packaging in their garbage bags! My elderly neighbours (who are a little penny pinching to say the least) flew Ryanair at Easter and took their own supply of sandwiches and canapes in their hand luggage to avoid the overpriced airline food.

When the steward was passing down the aisle gathering up the rubbish from passengers he stopped them as they were about to pop theirs in the bag and asked if it was purchased on board. When they replied no he politely informed them that there would be rubbish bins in the airport they could use once they disembarked the aircraft.

They were livid, I heard all about it when they got home and had to read their lengthy complaint letter to Mr O'Leary (which i'm sure went straight into one of those garbage bags). I must say I found the whole thing hilarious though :rotfl:
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport