The giving up/cutting down alcohol support thread Part 8!

Options

Comments

• shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    thank-you-car-d1.jpg

for scoring DB :T:T:T:T
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    diable wrote: »
    One side effect of not drinking at home in the evenings is that you don't buy so much tat on Ebay ;o)))))

LOL:rotfl:
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • yellowmonkey
    Options
    Morning all smiley-greet009.gif

Been out already with dog and its lovely out there. Sun is out and France is really clear today smiley-flag007.gif

New month, new resolve and will not be buying any beers to drink indoors and sup on my own...Simples :)

Playing golf later and just off to Mr T after my coffee

Have a good one
  • shaggydoo
    edited 1 September 2010 at 7:13AM
    Options
    advertising_target.jpg

TARGETS PLEASE :-)
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gien wrote: »
    Good Evening, can I fall back into the thread with sheepish look on my face please? Sorry for going awol but....

I've also been drinking like a fish, because of moving house etc.... but then in the small hours of Sunday morning I woke up with the sweaty, sick, frightened feeling and knew I'd reached a limit and had to come back here.

So haven't drunk since Sunday, feeling really tired but getting there and tomorrow is a new shiny month, as yet untouched and clean and bright.

Am going to take it day by day...

Lovely to have you back Gien (iykwim!). I am feeling the same as you and very much looking forward to our untouched, clean and bright September :)
    drinking when I dont want to but it is something I must do to come out the other side tomorrow a better person. I did it with the smoking and hopefully this will work with the drink cause I am getting slightly peed off with my lack of commitment and duty of care to others i, e My family.

Sorry for gabbling on :o

Gabble away (I do :p), good luck for September, I think quite a number of us has got to the sick and tired of feeling sick and tired point. Maybe it's seasonal too?
    randomname wrote: »
    Jo Thanks for the pm. I wasn't far away.

:j:j:j so very glad you're back RN :)

Right morning all :wave:

Let's kick this thing into touch this month.

Thank you so much for doing the scoring DB, you did a grand job hunny :) I'm still on 11, not great but 11 more AF days than I was doing a year or so ago. A score to be beaten ;)

Shaggy, thank you for offering to do the scoring (I see I'm on the list already :eek: :rotfl:) could I please have no target for September.

Better go make my lunch and get ready for work :wave:
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    1.gif

with your first day.....

C ya

Shaggyx
  • Miss_Piggy_2
    Options
    Morning all!

How is everyone today? Bright shiny new month! Has GOT to be better than the last day of last month (yesterday was diabolical!). How I managed to stay AF I'll never know!:eek:

My middle toe has turned a lovely purple colour (no not the foot that got broke Jo, thank god!). Don't know if its broken but know they can't do anything much for broken toes anyway so will just live with it! And then yesterday as I was getting ready for work I noticed the fitted wardrobe above the bed was bowing downwards in an alarming manner!! (luckily, the side where OH sleeps, not me!:D). So had OH banging and drilling till gone 8pm last night fixing it.

I felt so fed up I went to bed at 9pm!:rotfl:

Lurks....done your shredding yet??? :rotfl::rotfl:

Marru - that pudding looked yum!!!!

Jo - I'm jealous about your holiday. I want one!!:(

OH's daughter is coming down today. Amazingly they all actually listened to my suggestion that she gets on a bus and comes down, instead of somebody driving miles and miles to fetch her. At 16 I think she's perfectly capable but OH and his mum and Dad still seem to think she needs collecting and dropping off! I swear they'll still be doing this whole every other weekend thing with the kids when they're middle aged! Drives me nuts!:rotfl:

Other than fetching her from bus station, not doing a lot today as just plain can't be bothered. Was going to get back on diet yesterday but a piece of victoria sponge scuppered my plans!:D MAY do it today. May not.:rotfl:

Miss P
    xx
    **Keep Calm and Carry On!**
  • I totally agree with Marru here, it looks like your average exercise DVD, you watch the star jumps and crunches and are quite confident you can handle this...and you can .....until the next morning upon waking when you actually realise your legs have been replaced. I wish I could describe what with. You have to learn to walk again. Forget stairs for at least a week, anything that involves bending the legs is out.

Sounds like the Jane Fonda video I had years ago, the first time I did it I woke up the next morning and got out of bed only my legs didn't work and I ended up on my !!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • shopaholictiedtheknot
    shopaholictiedtheknot Posts: 983 Forumite
    edited 1 September 2010 at 8:11AM
    Options
    shaggydoo wrote: »
    shopoholictiedtheknot - are you doing the September challenge? Do you want a target of 30?

Wondering what to do (already :o) declared only yesterday that I am going teetotal but thinking now I might be setting my sights too high? I have got two family lunches this coming weekend (DH's Dad's 65 th BD and my Stepdads 80th) and dunno if can keep AF for them, please put me down for 25 AF days which for Sept will exclude this weekend and one day each week to 'fall off' if I am desperate - hope that doesn't sound like i am quitting before I have really started cos am gonna make every effort!

Miss P IKWYM about DD's - mine expects me or her Dad to pick her up and drop her off everywhere, have told her in no uncertain terms that when she starts college next week she is getting the bus, I am soooo fed up of being a (unpaid) taxi service!!!

Hope everyone is raring to go today, I have to say I feel so much better waking up unhungovered, this is prob an overshare but I actually needed a pee in the night last night instead of waking up dehydrated and drinking a gallon of water!!!
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 September 2010 at 8:23AM
    Options
    Just bought THIS looks pretty good from the first couple of pages

Got to work at 7.55am and the phone was ringing already :mad:

Had a member of staff turn up a day early :rotfl: I thought the kids were bad enough!

ETA: tried that avvie and it was a bit too small :(
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure