'An act of genuine kindness to warm the heart' blog discussion

Comments

• Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 August 2010 at 12:43PM
    If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a month, get married. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Just read this. How lovely, and generous! :T:A
  • Toni650 wrote: »
    Sorry but someone who has 5kids combined with a husband on minimum wage is NOT financially-challenged at all due to the amount of money they will be getting in benefits for all those kids.

Going by your other posts today, someone like yourself on JSA really shouldn't be so judgemental. How are your teeth by the way?? I wish I could get a teeth whitening treatment...you're very lucky benefits exist huh...
    And I won't sit down and I won't shut up
    And most of all I will not grow up! :p
    Frank Turner/Photosynthesis
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    This story brought tears to my eyes. The Comp board seems to be a really good sharing space but then so is the rest of MSE.

Well done to those concerned and also Martin for setting up the Forum in the first place.:beer:
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
  • eco
    eco Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Toni650 wrote: »
    Sorry but someone who has 5kids combined with a husband on minimum wage is NOT financially-challenged at all due to the amount of money they will be getting in benefits for all those kids.

I'll be the first to say that I think some posters are a bit too 'poor you babe' and all the rest of it, but I think your comment was a bit nasty and uncalled for, I for one wouldn't want the sheer hard work it takes looking after 5 kids.

I don't know Toniq and Easter but there are times in all our lives where someone elses kindness puts the bad times in the shade, and if we all helped each other a bit more we'd live in a better world.
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Before joined mse I was a bit of 'billy no mates'. Now I have made lots of wonderful friends on the forum including toniq & easter and lots of others in the Inn who have been so generous and quick to offer help & advice when needed. One lovely, thoughtful MSE'r even sent my footie mad son a world cup football and some sweets for the kids just out of pure generosity & kindness because thats the kind of lovely folks I have come across on here.
    I hope easter can ignore the disrespectful comment made by Toni650, we that know the true easter, know it isn't true. I really hope toniq's laptop brings you lots of comping luck and a well deserved win for toniq too.
    MSE really is the best thing I have came across online.
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Toni650, how can you judge someone when you haven't even met them or know of their circumstances? Martins blog is about doing a good deed for someone and is asking for your thoughts on that, not about how many kids people should/shouldn't have. If you bothered to read around the forums first before joining to make a snide comment you might be surprised at how lovely peeps are and get to know their circumstances before being judgemental.
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • keencomper
    keencomper Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    Toniq & Easter are both lovely ladies & I am glad that I know you both.
    Easter may you have many comping wins on your new gift & Toniq You are 1 in a million, a true angel & you brighten up everyones day.
  • easter65
    easter65 Posts: 5,319 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Toni650....I can understand you may feel that way and that is your viewpoint and I wont be commenting any more as I would hate this lovely thread to turn nasty by someone who has only joined MSE this month..
    I spent as I said 26 years caring for mom mom on carers allowance of just over 46p per hour. Yes my choice but she was crippled with Parkinsons and eventually Dementia and went into care the year before she passed away, I had also cared for my nan and grandad. One crippled with arthritus and one Completely bedridden at the same time which meant i was washing and caring for them also while having my children. my husband was also caring with me and when i lost mom he did HGV course. We had struggled and struggled because we had no wage coming in only Invalid care allowance made up with income support at the time. My husband lost all overtime a long time back and yes we are on tax credits (for 3 children not 5) but his wage is believe it or not around £80 over each year so i cant get free school meals or any help..other than that.
    My children are not all young so i dont get tax credits for all of them..my sons are 23 and 21..one doesnt live at home and he works full time ...Eldest is doing a masters course at university for which he has a £10,000 debt to pay off for his furthering his education...his choice although i'm very proud and he will pay it back.
    I'm sorry this is long and prob a bit boring but i'm a very proud person and would never take handouts, hence the emotion i felt when i rec'd Toni's gift. :o
    Best Competition Wins-Brand New Vauxhall Corsa & £3000
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Easter don't explain urself to anyone, u don't need to xxxx
    #JusticeForGrenfell
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income