'An act of genuine kindness to warm the heart' blog discussion

Replies

• toniqtoniq Forumite
    29.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Lordy!!!

Easter is very tearful at the moment as she has just won a 42" Plasma off the Warburtons comp, she was using her new laptop, to say shocked is an understatment.

What a fab world it is today xxxxx
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • lilian1977lilian1977 Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm such a hormonal pregnant lady! Just reading Martin's latest blog here: http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/?p=4232 and then followed the links to the other blogs he mentioned, and now Im crying my eyes out! People really can be so so lovely :) Just yesterday I'd asked on the No More Toiletries thread if anyone knew where I could buy Elle MacPherson's pulse point oil from, as mine is running out and it helps me to sleep, and a lovely lady has offered to send me her unwanted one for free :)

I feel proud to be bringing a child into a world where people like that exist. If only everyone was as kind.

My debt free diary
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
  • Enterprise_1701CEnterprise_1701C Forumite
    23.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really puts everything into perspective - it is a wonderful world when someone can just be so nice for no reason other than to make someone happy. I work in a small local shop, and I find even just a smile can help someone face the day but something like this just makes me want to do that little bit more, maybe it will have the same affect on everyone that reads the thread, maybe kindness really can be contagious. Let's hope so, we certainly need more people like Toniq in this world.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • delaindelain Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget, a while ago two Arms posters gave Nordtraveller a fridge! I believe this is what happened anyway.

This was as a result of him grossing everyone out on the Twitter thread by telling everyone about the grim dried stuff he was eating for lunch _pale_
    Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession :o:o
  • Margaret_SkinnerMargaret_Skinner Forumite
    368 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    These are lovely posts to read and exactly what the world should be about but I'm confused - I thought you couldn't share personal details such as addresses etc. on here? How are folk managing to send stuff to each other?
    Marg :)
  • minnie123minnie123 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are lovely posts to read and exactly what the world should be about but I'm confused - I thought you couldn't share personal details such as addresses etc. on here? How are folk managing to send stuff to each other?

Some people beome friends through mse and then friend each other on sites such as facebook etc.. - so they can pass details through that.

Toniq is one in a million xxxxxxx
    Eleventh Heaven (#123):
    :A1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11:A
  • toniqtoniq Forumite
    29.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a few hundred compers on my facebook, as there are alot of comps on facebook, I keep a birthday diary on there so don't miss any ones birthday, hence i had Easters details.

I have never passed my addy or asked for an addy on mse. xxxx
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • finatra26finatra26 Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Toniq & Easter are both very lovely special ladies & I think this is a fantastic thing. Perhaps a new thread could be started somewhwere on the board with a 'pass it on theme' where people can post what they have done nice for someone or something nice done to them - doesn't need to be a financial thing just a small act of kindness. If it spurred others on to be a bit kinder/more considerate/understanding towards their fellow human beings it would be worth it. It would 'hopefully' also provide uplifting reading for people who were feeling down a bit.
  • edited 31 July 2010 at 9:08PM
    easter65easter65 Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 July 2010 at 9:08PM
    Thankyou all for the lovely comments and for recognising Toniq's beautiful kindness. I am still sitting here and it hasn't sunk in even now, but I came to MSE 3 years ago when I lost my mom who I had cared for, for 26 years. As most full time carers will appreciate I had no friends due to 24 hr care. MSE gave me friendships through doing some competitions and chatting to fellow mse'rs. The Competitions Board is one of the friendliest, helpful and most amazing places to be on MSE full of people all pulling together to help each other out. Posting Q's, Answers, hints and all for their friends....I couldn't imagine being anywhere else now...so thankyou all. :D

Also could I say a massive thank you to all our Board Guides....they are wonderful people who keep MSE rolling along lovely...It couldn't happen without you :A
    Best 2 Wins of 2016 Brand New Vauxhall Corsa & £3000 :j:j:j
  • Margaret_SkinnerMargaret_Skinner Forumite
    368 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    easter65 wrote: »
    Thankyou all for the lovely comments and for recognising Toniq's beautiful kindness. I am still sitting here and it hasn't sunk in even now, but I came to MSE 3 years ago when I lost my mom who I had cared for, for 26 years. As most full time carers will appreciate I had no friends due to 24 hr care. MSE gave me friendships through doing some competitions and chatting to fellow mse'rs. The Competitions Board is one of the friendliest, helpful and most amazing places to be on MSE full of people all pulling together to help each other out. Posting Q's, Answers, hints and all for their friends....I couldn't imagine being anywhere else now...so thankyou all. :D

Also could I say a massive thank you to all our Board Guides....they are wonderful people who keep MSE rolling along lovely...It couldn't happen without you :A

Might just miander over the Comp Board one of these days then - sounds like a nice place to be!

Doesn't this just restore your faith in human kindness though - so little of it about nowadays - or maybe it's just that we don't hear about it so much as the awful stuff?

Thanks to those who explained the sharing details bit - I was getting confused because I've often thought how nice it would be if we could help each other in a practical fashion but I knew there was a policy about sharing personal details on here so was just wondering how it was happening.

I thought about starting a thread for folk who wanted to share their ebay usernames so that we could maybe look there first when searching on ebay to see if they had anything we could buy to help out? Do you think this is feasible or would it breach the personal details bit and, if doable, which forum would it fit into?
    Marg :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News