Virgin Money online banking problems?

Options
MikeR71
MikeR71 Posts: 3,852 Forumite
Is anyone a Virgin Credit Card customer?
I am and for the last 5 months I have had problem logging into my online banking. It's a shambles to say the least. I first noticed in February when I tried to log into my account and make an online transfer and pay some of my debts off. I wasn't able to as I got a screen saying

"There was a problem with the server. We apologise for the inconvenience, please try later"

So I tried a couple of days later and no luck. I called their customercare and was told there is an issue with some of their online accounts so I should try next week. I did, same result.
Then I got quite annoyed and called them again and explained this is causing me inconvenience and I was told to reset all my details on their website. So I reset my username and password as instructed. No good. The same message appeared. Then I was told to go to the MBNA site and try logging in from there as they run the online banking. So I did. Again no luck.
I called a few days later and after much trying the customercare guy finally said there is something wrong with some of their servers and I should try against after the 16th of June when the technical team is due to fix the server problem. I did. No luck again.

By this time I was angry for being messed around. I wrote an official complaint and received a letter saying they will look into it but it will take upto 6 weeks for them to reply. I had another letter 3 weeks later with an apology finally admitting that some accounts are experiencing server issues which apprently they can not resolve easily.

I mean, Virgin claim alot but as a whole I have found them quite inadequate. I used to be a Virgin Media customer and had nothing but problems with their internet. And then they have the nerve to run the slogan 'one unhappy customer is too many'! Well guys, here I am, one very unhappy customer.

Imagine getting into one of Richard Branson's balloons? NO WAY.

Comments

• fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Had absolutely no problems whatsoever logging in to Virgin card, I log in at least 3 or 4 times a month.

Have been doing so for about 15 months, never had an issue. Made payments online never a problem, view statements, download statements, never an issue.

Maybe it's something about your setup pc /router /web browser /internet security it doesn't like.
  • MikeR71
    Options
    I have tried from different computers at different places and I get the same error.
    They have admitted one of their servers has a problem so some customers are affected. I am just surprised it's taken them so long and they still can't fix it.
  • twist-and-shout
    Options
    Ring them back up and ask them to delete your profile for online banking so you are no longer a customer on the website. Leave it a couple of days then re-enrol as a first time visitor. It worked for my Virgin Card/account.
  • MikeR71
    Options
    ^^^Thanks.
    But to be honest I have had enough of them. The whole virgin group has given me bad experiences. I'll just wait until my interest free period is over and I will transfer. I will then throw away the card!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure