Looking for cheap car hire at Faro airport for august

Options
Looking for cheap car hire at Faro airport for august.

7aug2010 till 16aug2010
can anyone recommend anything?

Comments

• ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sort-of... Nearly went to Faro in April (Volcanoed) - had booked a car through FaroCar who weren't quite the cheapest (although still very reasonable) but had good reviews. Anyway, they were very good at putting the booking back a couple of times then finally cancelling (no charges) as the flight ban moved. Worth a google... their site is http://www.farocar.com/index.htm
  • chesham
    Options
    portugalcars.co.uk - I travel to Faro 3 or 4 times a year and have used them a lot - they aren't the cheapest, and are a small outfit - buthim and his wife always greet us at the airport and get us a coffee, does all the paperwork and takes you to the car and his manner is brilliant - he gives you his mobile to call if you have any problems. I've had punctured tyres and left car in the wrong car park etc before, and never charged me a penny - always friendly when we arrive and sometimes brings his wife, who helps as well. On the downside, he stands and waits for you by the coffee shop rather than have a desk etc, but I always use them because I actually like them, and never been ripped off - cars are always less than a year old, and always nice - book a group A and we normally get free upgrade to a D (and I believe that's all customers, not just me - they e-mail you a couple of hours after your quote request with this). I'm a massive budget-hunter, but when it comes to something like this in a foreign country, I tend to go for comfort over price, I just book a bit earlier and find that it's only 20-odd Euros more.

Now he doesn't even take my credit card, just buys me a coffee and takes me to his car!! But they do have a good few hundred cars, he's not a one man bad (so to speak) but it's personal choice.
  • SCOYA
    SCOYA Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I hire cars from Faro airport several times a year, and now limit my hiring to Drive4Fun, they do their meet and greet from the large white portakabin in Car Park No. 4. They are not the cheapest, however, they are most helpful and reliable (hoping I'm not tempting fate as I will be hiring from them on 28/8), but most importantly there cars are all under 12-18 months old, and in very good condition, particularly with regard the bodywork and tyres etc. I've had some hairy experiences hiring at Faro airport particularly once were the agents were desperate to fob me off with a car that had bald tyres, and then a second replacement car that had chunks missing out of the tyre wall. Good luck with your search, but please do ensure you check the car over throughly regardless of who you hire from.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure