Never be 20 minutes late returning hire car

Options
As the title suggests. I hired a car for 1 day from Dollar at Las Vegas picking the car up at 17:00 on the Thursday. The hire was booked via Europcar at the inclusive price of £18, very good deal I must add for only one days hire. Well, I returned the car at 17:20 the next day and had it booked in. I made sure there were no extras like trying to charge for damage or under filling the gas back up, and away we went.
This month I see a charge on my CC for $98 from Dollar. I queried this with them and it turns out that because I returned the car "Late" IE 20 minutes beyond the 24 hours, they have charges me the full fare for a 1 day hire including all the bells and whistles.
Now because I belong to their loyalty club and hire from them quite a bit, I contacted the supervisor at Vegas and got the charge scrubbed, but beware, I only got this because I threatened to never book with them again, and I see less fortunate souls not getting such preferential treatment.
The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure