Villa holiday for 6 people - worth hiring a car?

Options
Hi

Six of us (including a baby) are going to stay in a villa in Mijas village (Costa del Sol). I'm the only person with a driving licence.

I'm trying to work out the best option - of the affordable options! - for our travel arrangements within Spain.

Originally I was going to hire a small car for the whole week - starting with doing two trips to get everyone from the airport to the villa. However the more I think about that first bit, the more of a logistical nightmare it sounds!

So I'm now thinking we should just hire a large taxi for that initial trip from the airport.

The next issue is how the 6 of us should travel around during the holiday itself.

We could hire a small car once we've arrived at the villa but this still means having to do 2 trips each time we go anywhere.

The other options would seem to be:
- spend most of the time relaxing in the villa and walking/shopping/etc in Mijas itself, with occasional bus trips (I gather there is a good service available, although longer trips will be awkward with the baby)
- maybe, hire a people carrier for one or two days and do some big trips (eg Seville or Gibraltar)

The obvious problem with a people carrier (apart from the expense!) is the narrow streets, sharp bends etc which are such a feature of Spanish villages. (The problem is with the car, not the villages, of course).

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks

Comments

• mandi_moles
    mandi_moles Posts: 388 Forumite
    Options
    Hola again !!
    Just replied on your other thread.
    Dont worry about narrow streets.... I know its expensive to hire a 7 seater but you will love driving around spain and theres some beautiful places to see.
    If you want to get ahead in the Rat Race then you will need some faster Rats !! :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure