Please we need help

Options
Hi, my name is Geoff and I urgently need help!! My wife and I contacted claim4refund regarding claiming misold PPI back. We explained that we were in an IVA and they said no problem, it wont affect our claims and that they could get our money back. We filled out the forms and sent them back! They started to send invoices to us for wins but had not received a penny?! We phoned and asked what was going on and they said our money was going into our IVA. We asked them to stop, and swent a letter, recorded delivery asking them to no longer act on our behalf. They have ignored this and carried on claiming and theyre sending us bills for £100's and £100's. They are now threatening to send bailiffs. I spoke to them numerous times and theyve been really snotty and abrupt, One of them said it was my own fault as I was the !!!!!!!! who was careless with the credit cards!! I was disgusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sure his name was Hilton Ellis. My IVA was brought on by the credit crunch and my business nearly went under. We are both in distress over this and the stress has brought us to the point where we are considering splitting up after 10 yrs of being together. Please Please can somebody help us??? Best regards, Geoff

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, my name is Geoff and I urgently need help!! My wife and I contacted claim4refund regarding claiming misold PPI back. We explained that we were in an IVA and they said no problem, it wont affect our claims and that they could get our money back. We filled out the forms and sent them back! They started to send invoices to us for wins but had not received a penny?! We phoned and asked what was going on and they said our money was going into our IVA. We asked them to stop, and swent a letter, recorded delivery asking them to no longer act on our behalf. They have ignored this and carried on claiming and theyre sending us bills for £100's and £100's. They are now threatening to send bailiffs. I spoke to them numerous times and theyve been really snotty and abrupt, One of them said it was my own fault as I was the !!!!!!!! who was careless with the credit cards!! I was disgusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sure his name was Hilton Ellis. My IVA was brought on by the credit crunch and my business nearly went under. We are both in distress over this and the stress has brought us to the point where we are considering splitting up after 10 yrs of being together. Please Please can somebody help us??? Best regards, Geoff

Hi Geoff, sorry to hear of this, but I think you would receive lots of help and advice maybe on the debtwannbe thread here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76
    Ask for template letters to send, I'm sure there must be some.

I also note you have left a post on the IVA thread, good for you, you should now receive help and advice on your best direction to take from here.

However, in regards of the reclaiming company, you could I believe complain about them to the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) here:
    http://www.justice.gov.uk/contactus.htm

And if you do need to make a reclaim on the PPI, you can of course have a go yourself with help from this thread and site, all free.

More on reclaiming here if this is also required when your ready.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

I am sure this will be resolved soon, good luck with this.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Geoff_n_Nat
    Geoff_n_Nat Posts: 333 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Di. I feel as though im in for a long fight but im wearing a bit thin as this has been going on for weeks. I'll look into these and see what I can do, i'm trying my best not to just give up and go bankrupt and walk away from everything, its been a tough couple of years:(
  • halphy
    halphy Posts: 593 Forumite
    Options
    Good Luck, Im sure the guys on the other threads will be able to offer some help and advice.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Di. I feel as though im in for a long fight but im wearing a bit thin as this has been going on for weeks. I'll look into these and see what I can do, i'm trying my best not to just give up and go bankrupt and walk away from everything, its been a tough couple of years:(

Your very welcome Geoff.

Once you know the routes then I think things will start to fall into place for you, you have made a start so well done here.

There are templates where you can send to creditors, to stop or at least hold back further hassles.

And remember as well, you can after 8 weeks of complaining to a finance company, and if not resolved in your favour complain to the financial ombudsman service (FOS) who will then normally request the business to delay anything going any further until your case have been investigated by themselves.;)

More info on the FOS.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Hope you find this helpful.

Di
    :)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income